I stayed at the Ramada Farnham for my birthday and also to attend a friends wedding that was local. We decided on the Ramada because it was the closest hotel around with a spa to the wedding venue. BIG MISTAKE!
The look of the hotel from the outside is lovely. It's ok location wise, just shame about the big A road dual carrage way. But when you step inside you are instantly welcomed my garish dated carpets, peeling paint, cracked seelings and not particularly helpful staff. The room wasn't much better either, with rusty towel holders and a lack of appliances in the room. The real cheek is that we where charged £80 per night for a room that isn't at all up to scratch and if you wanted wifi in your room you are charged at £6 per day, which is ridiculous!!!
I can deal with the dated hotel and rooms but when it came terrible joint treatment with my partner it was the last staw. We where greated in the reception area, advised to go into the treatment room which was lovely and relaxing and they would be in shortly. We waited 15 minutes or so on the beds for our masseuses to come in. Once they had the lady I had was terrible. The pressure was way to hard and she should have been able to tell by my body language that was the case. She also kept pausing and mouthing things to the other girl. The next 2 days my shoulder (she spent the majority of time on one area) was so tender. However my partner thoughly enjoyed the massage he received from the other lady. Just my luck I suppose!
I would not return and would advise others not to bother either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set high on the Hogs Back Ridge this hotel is very much a landmark on top of a landmark. Easy access to the M25 and M3 motorway networks. Just 29 miles from Heathrow Airport. 96 Bedrooms with doubles, twins, family and accessible bedrooms available. Executive Bedrooms available. Room At The Top - a split level suite with separate bedroom and lounge. Surrey Suite featuring a modern four poster bed. All bedrooms are non-smoking. Health Club featuring pool, sauna, steam room and gym. Beauty Salon on site. Restaurant and Bar. Free Wi-Fi throughout of the hotel. Outside Terrace for al fresco drinking and dining. 24 Hour Room Service. Free Guest Parking. 4 Air-conditioned meeting rooms for up to 180 delegates with free Wi-Fi. Civil Wedding License for 100 people. Landscaped gardens with a panoramic view of the Surrey Downs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Farnham Hotel Seale
- Ramada Hotel Farnham
- Farnham Ramada
- The Farnham Hog's Back Hotel Surrey