“lovely stay over” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Epsom
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“lovely stay over”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

hidden back from main road , didnt spot the big purple sign easily. lovely resturant and staff, reception very friendly remembered our names. room clean , but lacked mirriors had a long one right out side bathroom door, which is in shadows, , no others. door outside room also need looking at constantly banging. didnt like being in basement no views apart from fire exit stairs., but overall nice little romantic gettaway .ohhh and no signal on phones in basement at all and we both had different networks

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Epsom South, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
Thanks for your review, at Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and it is really important to us that our guests are comfortable and enjoy their stay. Your review is very much appreciated as your feedback is so important to us in our endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2011

I stayed with colleagues and am well used to the pro's and con's of Premier Inn's. I have difficulty walking and need to be able to park close to the entrance. The disabled bays were permanently used by builders trucks (No Blue Badge in sight!). No appology or alternatives were offered on my daily request for a staff member to ask a builder to move the vehicle.

The food was below par compared to other Premier Inn's.

When checking out I had to manhandle my luggage down a flightof stairs as it doesn't have a lift!!!! On my final trip, I fell! I was very shaken and was on the floor for what seems like 5 mins befor a staff member came to see if I was ok. I struggled to get to my feet and was VERY shaken!!! I was then left to manhandle my cases to my car.

Upon return to the hotel for breakfast, I encountered MORE steps to get the buffet style Continental breakfast. The steps must have been wet as I slipped on these and fell again. At least the restaurant staff were more conserned about my welfare.

I felt sick, I had a massive headache from my first fall and a hotel with sooooo many steps/stairs is NOT disabled friendly.

Would I use this hotel again? NEVER!!! I wrote to the Premier Inn Customer services and am still waiting 3 weeks later for a reply or acknowledgement to my complaint.

ONLY use this hotel if EVERYWHERE else is full. Beware it is frequented by Builders with very base/choice language. The customer care at this hotel is PATHETIC!!! They don't care if a customer has a bad experience because the are always busy...... with rough customers!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Epsom South, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear of your experience at the Epsom South hotel. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to delivery a high level of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Your comments have been noted and will be duly followed up by both our Guest Relations Team and the Management team at the Epsom south hotel. Once again thank you for your review we do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
North East England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

As a regular user of premier inns I know what I expect from them but nothing could have prepared myself and my colleagues for thr Premier Inn Epsom South. I tthink it may have been an Innkeepers Lodge in a previous live but it is not premier standard. The car park was full of white vans and trucks parked all over including disabled bays. The car park is also used as storage for new unregistered BMW's for the BMW dealer along the road.
At check in I was behinda single lady so deliberately stood 3 metres back so as not to make her feel uncomfortable but quite clealy heard the receptionist loudly tell the lady the location of her room ( so mure for Premier Inn female safety).At check in I was charged £164 for 2 nights room only. I was told my room was around the corner and up 3 flights of stairs. What I was not told was how narrow the staircase was or how shabby the carpet was. The staircase led to a shabby corridor, there was a plug socket outside my room which was cracked across. The room was not much better with a tiny bathroom.
I met my colleagues in the bar and we decided to eat out as the restarant looked very down trodden and dirty.
The following morning one of my coleagues who has mobility problems missed the last step on the shabby staircase witnessed by staff who did not offer any asistance, choosing to ignore him.
Against our better judgement we decided to have breakfast, whilst the food was passable the coffee was awful, I am unsure if it was dishwater or gathered from the many muddy pools of water in the car park. When I mentioned it to the assistant manager he said he would personally try it but offered no apology.. The waiter who showed us to our table was surly and unkempt.
If I had paid £8.20 per night I would have been upset but to be ripped off to the tune of £82 per night is disgusting. If I had been able to book another hotel I would have left.

Even if I had to sleep in my car I would NEVER stay at the Premier Inn Epsom South again.
There are some excellant hotels in the group e.g. Gillingham Business Park has wonderful staff and value your custom.

Do ypourself a favour avoid Premier Inn Epsom South like the plague. It is a hovel!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Epsom South, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
We are disappointed that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. At Premier Inn it really matters to us that you enjoy your stay and we are sorry that you were not happy with your visit. Please be assured that your feedback will be passed to the Management Team and will be duly followed up. Your feedback is very much appreciated in our endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customers needs.
Croydon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

We stayed here for one night in January as we were going to a party in the area. On arrival there were plenty of parking spaces. We were greeted by a receptionist who checked us in very quickly. We were on the ground floor. The room was quite spacious and very clean. A kettle is supplied with tea and coffee. A hairdyer is also supplied. The bed looked huge until we inspected it and found it was two singles joined together, however this did not spoil our comfort. The pillows are really comfy. The bathroom was clean with a shower in the bath. Soap and shower jel is supplied. Plenty of wardrobe space and shelves.
Breakfast is in the restaurant opposite reception. You have a choice of continental or full english. Plenty to choose from and all good quality.
The main door is locked at 11.30 but there is a buzzer outside the door that you press and the night staff let you in.
We would stay here again especially if we could get the special offer again for £29

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
We are pleased that you had a good stay with us. Our team will be delighted to receive your feedback as it is really important to us that our guests are happy with the service they receive. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Cheshire,England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2010

as a TA regular and twice a year at this Premier it is not the room which has atracted my attentions over the years but firstly other guests, yet again wken by chatter outside our door, it did not spoil our stay if it had the good night sleep guarantee would have come into play which really works with this chain. The restaurant we have used for plenty of family reunions over the years, staff change each time we stay, I've left it a few weeks so I don't fire from the hip but the chap running the bar with the black eye and surly attitude would put any visitor off. The table service was adequate, drink prices very faior as is the wine. Usual Premier restaurant food and for it's type not that bad. The hotel is not accessable and is showing it's age now, sliding down my scale, may be time to look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Travelled to the hotel from Bristol area to stay over before visiting Chessington WoE the next day. Apart from the M25 being closed that evening (can't blame the hotel for that!) the stay was ruinded due to thehe room we stayed in being unbelieavably hot!

Ok, so the window opend about 3 inches - wow - but since it was a still night the room was just horrible! We called down for a fan, none available (even though in the room there is a laminated notice from the manager saying that 'due to the hot weather we have provided a fan for your room'). What was offered (instead of a fan!) was a 'sheet' to use instead of the. The duvet in the room was on the floor already, how would a sheet help?

My wife can usually sleep through anything but even she couldn't sleep. In the end I went for a freezing cold bath at 4am to cool me down. It helped, but as soon as I returned to the room the temperature soon began to affect me again. I'm not kidding, it was a joke!

All in all, not a great stay then. To be fair to the hotel though, when we asked for our money back (Premier Inn guarantee a 'good night sleep') they gave a full refund with an apology.

One final note, the parking there is awful!! Get there early because there are simply not enough spaces and people end up blocking others in, which I imagine isn't too good when people have early starts the next day.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Epsom South, responded to this review, August 1, 2010
At Premier it really matters to us that your enjoy your stay. We are disappointed that your stay with us did not meet your expectations, and do apologise that you were uncomfortable due to the hot weather. Our teams will endeavour to ensure all rooms are allocated a fan to help lower the temperature and we do apologise that on this occasion you did not have one in your room. We do hope the refund of your stay under the our Good Night Guarantee went some way to restore your faith in Premier Inn. Thank you for your feedback we do hope we can welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future
Essex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

We stayed here at the weekend with our friends and we were all happy with the rooms, all realy clean, beds were huge, and the staff were very helpful, we asked to change one of the rooms from a double to a twin, when i rang the receptionist was very helpful and able to do that, she appologised that there wasnt any air conditioning, but hotel had provided fans, we did take our own aswell, but considering it was the hottest night of the year, it wasnt too bad...
Breakfast can be booked or you can just go in, i would reccomend the continental, the cooked did look greasy and not very nice, but apart from that i would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Epsom South, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Thanks for your review. We are very pleased to hear that your stay was a comfortable one and our team members ensured your requirements were met. Your feedback is very much appreciated it ensures that we are continually improving standards and endeavouring to meet all our guests needs. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Been to Premier Inn Epsom South? Share your experiences!