“Fun restaurant but average food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Fun restaurant but average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having recently moved to Epsom, my partner and I had to try out Los Amigos for a laugh. We arrived at about 7pm and it was pretty quiet. The service was very quick as a result and we had cocktails in our hands within minutes. We tried a couple of cocktails each throughout the evening which were all delicious (not too alcoholic though), and they were topped off with fruit and umbrellas which was a nice touch. For our starters we went for calamari and chicken strips in BBQ sauce. Both were pretty tasty and arrived quickly. For mains, my boyfriend went for the Texas BBQ Ribs & Wings combo which he enjoyed. It was a huge portion and he couldn't quite manage it all. I chose to go for the Chicken Enchiladas and I'm afraid to say they were disappointing. The chicken tasted like it had been cooked and then reheated, and the whole meal was soggy and tasted microwaved. The cheese was very mild and barely melted and there was no spice in the dish at all. The spicy rice which came with it was tasty but quite dry. The refried beans were almost certainly from a tin but were actually delicious, just a shame you get such a tiny amount! I felt for a Mexican restaurant one of the things they should be able to do well is a Mexican dish. I felt I could've made it better myself. The fajitas looked really good though so I may go back and give them a go! Despite the food being average and my main being disappointing, we did have a laugh there which was the main objective. It's obviously a very popular place as by 8 o'clock it was completely full with at least 2 parties going on, and people were even drinking at the bar waiting for a table. It's also quite noisy as it's a pretty small venue. It's a great place for a big group and families with older children. I'd recommend it as an experience!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Seems to be a popular restaurant in that it was a busy Friday evening, but not sure why. Starters and main courses are basically the exact same ingredients rearranged to look differently. Tables too small for all the dishes. Have had far better Tex Mex elsewhere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ingatestone, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Epsom!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Favourite restaurant. Always great service, food amazing and staff really friendly and always make us feel special. We always take our friends here and they love it as much as us!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place for a group dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had a great team christmas meal out here in December. Great food - fantastic value and amazing cocktails. Will be back soon! I always thought this place looked like a bit of a dive, but it's completely different once you get inside. Staff are so friendly and fajitas are amazing!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Really Rather Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Popped in for a quick meal right in the middle of the Xmas Season - staff were very welcoming and were more than happy to fit us in. Only had the festive menu on but they were happy to reduce it down as we only wanted a small meal - reduced the price too. Food was really good and service spot on. Will certainly go back again in the future.

• Visited December 2012