“This pub could be so much better” 3 of 5 stars

020 8941 0400
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 37 Restaurants in East Molesey
Cuisines: English
“This pub could be so much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have been going to this pub on and off for 20 years, as a brash 19 year old, as a slightly more discerning 30 year old and as a parent. I would describe the whole pub, the interior, the atmosphere, the garden, the food and the service as average. I have never been so disappointed as to complain and never felt so delighted as to rave about it. I can't help thinking this pub could be much much better. The interior is tired, dark and dingy, the toilets are ropey and the place smells of stale beer. It has huge potential, the pub has bags of character, the beer garden is large and enclosed, the food standard could be easily improved from deep fried frozen scampi and chips to something a little more imaginative. The service is a bit hit and miss, you might get a bright smile on one day or a tired response on another.

I go there because the company I am with fancy giving it another try or because we want to chill in the back garden with family friends in the knowledge that the children are pretty safe.

Visited August 2012