“Vile Disgusting Place - worst hotel in the UK” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Normanton Park Hotel

Normanton Park Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Croydon
Normanton Park Hotel
You added Normanton Park Hotel to your Saves list
34-36 Normanton Road, Croydon CR2 7AR, England   |
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Croydon
“Vile Disgusting Place - worst hotel in the UK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is positively the most awful disgusting place I have ever visited. Booked a week as was working nearby but decided not to stay after seeing the rooms. Paid a cancellation fee only to discover that my credit card had been charged for the whole stay. Had to threaten court action to get my money back. My stay was some time ago but judging by the reviews nothing has changed. I am astounded that his hovel run by an extremely nasty man is still in business. Without doubt the worst hotel I have ever seen.

Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
las vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

stayed in a recently refurbished room with en suite was only £30 for the night
i would admit the surroundings aren't pretty but this is an old fashioned place - if it's some where you want to get your head down then it's ideal ...
There wasn't any particular stench as far as i was concerned & Mr Pocock & a nice lady called Barbara were very helpful in assisting me with directions to the local shops - also parked my car on the drive...

Room Tip: ask for the best room with en suite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Please take note and DO NOT STAY HERE. I drove from South Wales to visit my family for the weekend and booked one night here, after waiting 10mins at the reception this smelly, old, father christmas reject with egg stains down his vest asked what I wanted. After a lengthy converstation about what time I would be going out that evening and what time I was checking out, my daughter and I were finally shown to our room by a resident. After finding dead flies on the window sills, holes in the bed sheets, pet hair on the carpet, sticky smelly carpets we decided to leave. Back at the reception Mr Pocock asked what was wrong, and when we aired out disappointment he suddenly decided he was deaf and felt unwell. I asked for a refund to which he refused. I have since written to him requesting a full refund as I didn't stay there. As of yet I have still heard nothing but intend to let enviromental health, trading standards and report him to watchdog.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Croydon, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Please do not be foolish enough to consider this a hotel. The reason why Croydon Council have done nothing is that they have contracted most of the rooms here for the dossers of Croydon, mostly alcoholics and IVDUs. Friendly I am sure if you have nothing better to do than sit around and tolk crap to mostly unfortunate or even inadequate people.

Room Tip: stay away at all costs
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Maltby
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My colleges and I were booked into this building for the week.

I say building, as there is no way on this earth it could be described as a hotel!
As we approached the building the Sat Nav chirped up “you have reached your destination”
The time was 7:00pm.

We looked at it and wondered where the scaffolding was, as it looked in a derelict state.

We pulled up and left our bags in the van, we entered what could only be described as a time capsule that had not been cleaned in years, the same can also be said for Mr Pocock, the person whose name we were told we would me meeting. Without wanting to sound to offensive, I have seen cleaner tramps.

We asked if we could view the rooms before check in, he gleefully showed us to our rooms, this was a big mistake.

The first room was horrible, the “en suite” was just as bad, I said to my colleges, that the loo could have done with a clean, then realised it was in fact a bidet!

We moved on to the second room, walked in and it was just as bad, then Mr Pocock got a little excited when he said “there is a lovely view from this window”, there might have been if we could have seen through the years of dirt etched into the glass.

As we left the building, 4 other lads had turned up and asked what it was like?
We told them what had befallen our eyes.

They did not bother going in, and like us drove to the top of the road to make some phone calls to try and arrange alternate accommodation for the night.

We got lucky, as our MD told us to find alternate accommodation and it would be paid for on the company credit card.

If anyone has the misfortune to be booked into this building, and can’t find alternate accommodation. Do yourselves a favour and sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Do not even think about it
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

It is a nice, friendly place where people are prepared to listen to your needs.
It is full of charater, easy going where you can come and go without any fuss.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I didn't check out the hotel for reviews before I booked, so more fool me. If you've read the reviews and you stay in this hovel, then you only have yourself to blame.

This is the smelliest and most disgusting place I've ever stayed at. Squalid would be praise. If my wife had been with me, I'd have had no choice but to find an alternative room. I was there on business the afternoon of my stay and travelling home in the morning. I wouldn't have felt confident in going into a meeting after staying at the Normanton.

Stay away.

Room Tip: Find one in a different hotel to the Normanton.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Normanton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!