My sister organised a weekend with my friends for my birthday and from the outset there were problems. Nobody communicates to each other at the hotel so the reception staff didn't know anything about group bookings and special offers. My sister was told to pre book the rooms under her name and then for my friends to secure their rooms with a phone call to the hotel, all 6 rooms had problems with reception staff not finding the pre booked room under my sisters name. Our room was ok, nothing special but the bathroom was old and tired and quite grubby. The radiator had to be turned on by the handy man
Breakfast was not that great, too few staff and took ages to get a cup of tea.
Dinner was for 8pm and we arrived in good time but waited until 8:35 for the starters to turn up. Again too few staff all with limited English, had to ask them to offer my guests drinks repeatedly throughout the evening. I had pre paid for bottled water to be served at the table but only realised towards the end that in fact we were being given tap water. The menus had to be organised before our stay and we made a point of telling the hotel that a vegetarian friend was allergic to the veggie option so it was arranged or her to have a different meal cooked, and what a surprise, the chef had forgotten to make it so she ended up having a bowl of pasta cooked for her while we ate our food, her £35 Christmas dinner was a bowl of pasta. What should have been a fun evening was spoilt by the staffs incompetence. We did phone and spoke to someone who said he was a manager we had to be insistent we were refunded for the bottled water which wasn't served. I also expected to be given a refund for my friend who had to eat pasta for her Christmas dinner, no chance, the manager said, oh well at least she got something" An evening totally spoilt and I would never go back again. Beware of big bookings the hotel is not up to it. I would expect more from a hotel of this calibre. Horrid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Et in 200 acres of beautiful Surrey countryside, the Selsdon Park Hotel & Golf Club is an historic country mansion with an 18 hole championship golf course, luxury beauty treatment rooms and well-appointed leisure club. Perfect for large scale business events in the area as well as romantic weddings, this picturesque setting also features extensive grounds ideal for outdoor team-building and celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Selsdon Park Hotel & Golf Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Selsdon Park & Golf Course Hotel Croydon
- Selsdon Park And Golf Course
- Selsdon Park Hotel Course
- Selsdon Park Croydon