“OK for a Friday Night” 3 of 5 stars

Description: 104 Coombe Rd, Croydon CR0 5RB
UK
“OK for a Friday Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

OK, it was busy there so I had no problems with the service. I did have problems with the quality of the steaks that they provided. The T bone steaks that three of my party had were small and were low quality. The vegetables that came with them were mediocre. But thew atmosphere was great and our waiter could not do enough.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

62% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“love this place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Go here frequently any time of year. Good Costa coffee, large garden, conservatory with cacti etc.
Enjoy the restaurant, nice steaks.
Never stayed in the adjacent Premier Inn but I have heard it is good value.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
london
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Booked this restaurant for a leaving do and had the alcove area which is a beautiful pannelled area perfect for those special occasions and ideal for 8-12 people. Service, food and atmosphere were excellent. The steaks were delicious and served just as ordered.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Very dissapointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We went to Coombe Lodge for Sunday lunch with group of approximatly 13 people including 3 children.
First of all we where seated in the conservatory which was very cold.
We ordered mainly large Sunday lunches and though they took a while to arrive the wait was not unacceptable especially considering how busy the restuarant was.
When the food did arrive it was not very hot. My vegetables where undercooked and my beef was over cooked. Very unsatisfactory level of food which was not that cheap (£20 odd a head, some of us had drinks and done deserts).
I certainly will not be returning

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Back to the 70s”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I remember British cuisine 40 years ago. Down to the steakhouse for steak and chips, your salad doused in salad cream and a chocolate Sunday for desert. So when I was served a quarter iceberg lettuce covered in salad cream I felt I was being transported back to those bad old days. The cutlery was super cheap, the shiny stainless steel Philips screws that held up last Christmas's decorations still buried in the oak stained window frame. This is the worst of budget cuisine, I won't be going back.