“Magnificent!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 275 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Mexican, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill is a unique & exciting restaurant in Croydon serving a fusion of Mediterranean & Tex-Mex food in its stylish surroundings.Situated in the South End Restaurant Quarter on the outskirts of Croydon town centre, Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill is renowned for its quality of service; its consistency in offering one of the most versatile and affordable menus in the South London area has also ensured that diners travel from as far as Central London to enjoy the experience. Apatura delivers an ambitious and exciting vision for a dining experience that exudes a touch of class associated with Mayfair and the West End. You can relax and enjoy a cocktail around our illuminated bar before enjoying one of our succulent steaks, sizzling fajita dishes, or one of our popular fish dishes. Our contemporary menu can provide for a number of occasions; from an intimate romantic meal to a birthday celebration; whether a business lunch or a wedding reception, we are certain you will love the experience.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Magnificent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We tried to book this restaurant 3 times but it was always full, so on the off chance we called in to see if they had a table for 2. They had nothing free but offered us a table in the bar, we were not keen but decided we would take it....and are so glad that we did! We had our own little private corner table next to the warm radiator to keep us cosy from the snowy weather. We were fussed over by the brilliant, hardworking staff who, even though we were away from all the other diners did not ignore us. We were treated to a beautifully presented delicious meal, I had the butternut squash gnocchi which was too nice for words along with my husbands three bandidos which was any Carnivor's dream, it was even too much for him to finish it all!

I love my cocktails and was not disappoints by the menu on offer and can commend the cucumber martini, it was superb.

The food was reasonably priced and the service was outstanding, I had to tell the waiter to slow down as he was rushing around the restaurant working so hard. We will definitely be returning and can recommend this to all. Not your regular Croydon bore restaurant, varied menu and fantastic ambiance.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ApaturaRestaurant, Manager at Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we appreciate any feedback from our customer's stay with us.

We're so happy you decided to dine with us! We often find that our customers who enjoy our cocktails can relax and enjoy our food as well in our bar area. Remember, you can stay up to date with the latest news, events, promotions and more on our Facebook and Twitter pages below:

Bromley UK
“Terrible - worst meal ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This was booked for a Christmas lunch and it was appaling. After the starter was served we were left waiting for over an hour for the main course that was inedible for most people. One sea bass as so dried out it looked like a piece of leather. The management were obviously embarrased and some Grey Mullet turned up - almost raw! As for the Turkey Xmas meal, most people left it. The Christmas pudding was cold stodge and again was returned to the kitchen almost untouched

A total disappointment and waste of £15 a head. Paying £5 would have been too much for this rubbish.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sir,

We are saddened to hear that you did not enjoy our Christmas menu- having learnt on the day that you were unhappy, we did offer you an alternative fish in order to appease your concerns and as a gesture of the standard of customer service we offer. We received very positive feedback regarding our Christmas menu and the price, and it is something that will continue to remain popular with our regular customers.

“Warm atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I have visited Apatura a few times over the last year, and I have to say it is a hidden gem in croydon!

I visited Apatura yesterday for lunch with family, my chargrilled chicken and halloumi salad was absolutley delicious and my sister loved her parsnip soup starter and roast beef main! The staff were attentive and friendly. Apatura is really worth a visit!

Sunday evening live music is also a must, lovely relaxing ending to a busy week!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Madame,

We're so happy you enjoyed our Sunday Roast Menu, it has grown into quite a hit with the locals. We will also pass on your kind words regarding our live music to Lawrence, who plays every Sunday. Remember, you can stay up to date with the latest news, events, promotions and more on our Facebook and Twitter pages below:

“Very pleasant experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I came across this restaurant whilst I was in south croydon's restaurant quarter. The decor is very beautifull inside and out, giving the place a very relaxed atmosphere!

I came for my first Christmas meal here and wow it was amazing! The food was very tasty and they have a lovely selection of wines.
For my starter I had the chicken liver served with a beautifull salad, for my main I had turkey and a Christmas pudding for dessert!
The meal in whole was very yummy and the service was great. The staff always check your okay and always make a fuss Of you!

I would always recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a nice meal for a good price!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review - we appreciate any feedback from your stay.

We're so happy that you enjoyed our Christmas menu - it seemed to prove to be very popular with our customers this year. Furthermore, we're delighted to hear that the service that we strive to provide as a family business is both acknowledged and appreciated. Your kind words are what ensures our enjoyment from the entertainment business.

London
“Good service, terrible food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Waiters kept the drinks coming and were nice guys. Manager refused to come to the table when we complained about the starter but sent over a bottle wine instead. The parsnip soup tasted like vinegar, Yorkshire pud's were burnt through, veggies with main were under cooked and the cheese and biscuits came with rivita. No one enjoyed their food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ApaturaRestaurant, Manager at Apatura Bar Restaurant & Grill, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Madame,

Thank you for visiting our restaurant.

I'm sorry that you felt your experience with us was so bad that it could warrant two very negative and insensitive reviews. During your stay, myself and my team made sure that everything was to your liking, and if you had not enjoyed yourselves to the extent you have made plain, I am confused as to why no one had approached myself (the manager) at any point during the evening, especially considering that you received another main course of your choice free of charge.

Additionally, your claim that there was no alcohol in your drink was surprising considering that all our drinks out poured in front of our guests at our display bar, which we kept open as your group were having such a good time, consequently leaving at 2am.

Your review has left us deeply saddened and at a loss to what more we could have done to make your stay more enjoyable.

The Management at Apatura