“Could be better, a lot better. Forget Wifi” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Up to 10% OFF Room Rate
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Croydon
Dubai
“Could be better, a lot better. Forget Wifi”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Firstly I will complement the staff on being very reasonable and accommodating this to me is half the battle when you have one or two issues. The rooms are dated and I was surprised that one room I was given had no thermostatic control on the shower, this is a serious problem (room 527). I scalded myself and it would be very dangerous for a child. I ended up being moved twice so I had 3 rooms in total. This was owing to what can only be described as appalling wifi signals. I started in 401 and could not get a signal at all. I complained and was moved to 527. Intermittent signal and the wifi kept cutting out. I complained again and eventually moved to 428 where the wifi connected and was about 75% on my iPhone. Remember this is a business hotel! Totally unacceptable and needs to be addressed by the hotel as it is a joke not being able to use your laptop in your room for work. Another point is the quality of the iron supplied I know a small point but my first iron blew up and I asked the reception desk for another one. They are cheap and prone to leak and go bang.
Finally and sorry to add another complaint but room 527 has a terrible shower screen to the point where I completely flooded the bathroom and spent 10 minutes on my hands and knees mopping up the floor using the bath mat.
As a bed to travel into London you could do worse but some of the points above are really basic and need urgent attention.
Sorry I also just remembered the decorating of the breakfast lounge. My first morning was accompanied by the smell of emulsion and signs telling me to beware of wet paint. You are joking Croydon Park! Why would you paint the walls just before breakfast?

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Greek first
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Croydon Park Hotel is the one of the best hotels situated in East Croydon. The hotel staff are cooperative soft spoken and always welcome you by a smile. The entire hotel building is neat, clean and well maintained. Ample entry area, good reception points. The passages leading to the suite are clean and vacuumed daily. The executive suits well organised and clean. The suite contains double bed, sofa, reading table, television set and temperature control and are very comfortable to live in. The Hotel also equips with a H2O leisure club, spa Oscars Brasserie and Whistlers Bar. The morning breakfast treat is excellent providing wide variety of healthy breakfast options. I recommend whenever I visit London Croydon Park hotel would be my proffered option..

Room Tip: Executive Suite rooms on the 1st Floor and 2nd floor are excellent.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear david4you

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

We cant wait to have you back. It always pleases us when our guest leaves us having had a great stay, as that's one of our aims.

Kidwelly, Wales, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Just back from a weekend away and stayed here. We had a lovely room, spacious and clean, couldn't fault it and although the view was overlooking buildings etc (it is a town hotel so not surprising really), we'd be happy to stay again. A light lunch in 'Whistlers' and a delicious breakfast the next day in 'Oscars', where we were met with a really good range of cereal's, juices, fruits, pastries and a decent hot buffet for a full English. Yes it is a corporate type hotel, but we found all the staff, efficient yet pleasant. We will be happy to stay there again. Well done Croydon Park!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear AnnieW631

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am very pleased to see that all aspect of your stay was great. your kind comments will be passed on to my colleague who will be pleased to hear that they enhanced your stay.

We do hope you make it back to us soon.

Reading
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

The public areas are modern and clean. There is a small bar and a large restaurant.
The bedroom was spacious but no view and was dated in decor but clean.
Plenty of towels in the bathroom and toothpaste and brush can be supplied free.
great free unlimited wifi.
hotel is situated within walking distance of the train station.
If planning to eat avoid the bar. The food was awful not only was it wrongly described but was of such poor quality and very greasy. They did offer to change it or compensate with a drink but to be honest it was getting to late to wait another half an hour for what could be the same.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear AdrienneG530

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

I am really sorry to see that your dining experience in our bar was not a great one. Seeing that you were not happy hence they offered to compensate you, its unfortunate that you were not able to take up the offer.

We take great pride in the quality of food that we serve, so your comments will be passed to our Head Chef.

Its my hope that we will host you again in the near future.

Krak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Very clean and efficiently run hotel with everything you could require.
Easy check in with helpful staff.
Lovely appointed room with a bed fit for 3! However I was on my own :-(
All the usual amenities and perfectly placed for ongoing travel either by rail or tube into the city.
I didn't manage to try the pool and leisure suite but it's all there for your enjoyment.
A nice bar area with an ample bar menu. Didn't try the restaurant for dinner but the breakfast was well up to standard and set me up from the day ahead.
I was attending the Fairfield Hall and if this is known to reception on booking a preferential rate is applied. Which was a very nice surprise.
All in all the next time I visit Croydon, this is where I will stay

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear 433matthewh

Thanks for leaving us a review here. We are so happy to see that you had a great time with us and certainly do look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Hopefully the next time you are with us, you will get a chance to use the Leisure facilities. I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My and mi family we stay in hotel 3 nights 18-21 April 2014 .We just wont to say big THANK YOU to Marijola the breakfast manager for her fantastic service , was extremely busy mornings but shy did fantastic job.Thank you Marijola for the smile and welcome .I think she is one of the best staff in your hotel.We well be back because of very good service .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear karls210

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

Your kind words will be passed on to Mariola who I am sure will be delighted to see that she enhanced your experience with us.

We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future.

bath
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We are a middle aged couple who have stayed in many hotels in UK, Europe, USA & NZ and we found our 2 night stay a bit of a disappointment. From reading the reviews I expected better. We did choose the easter break to spend 2 nights there - happened to coincide with a birthday treat in London and a visit to our daughter.

Agreed the hotel is quiet quiet, & we slept ok. I decided to treat ourselves to an executive room & breakfast, but were disappointed with the room, it was tired looking, the duvet was too small for the quilt, the cigarette burn in the mattress cover was not good for a 4* hotel. We did not appreciate wakening both mornings to the German coach drivers switching on their engines for 20mins even though the didn't leave until much later. The 6am Saturday & later 8am Sunday running of the engines as our room on the 4th floor was in the front.

Breakfast was a farce - the hotel had at least 3 coach loads of German visitors & we know 1 lot had an early breakfast at 7am so deliberately left going down til almost 8am & 9am but each time it was the wrong time! The tables hadn't been cleared, the buffet needed restocking etc. Too many guests & too few staff - the management should have known better. And please could the lady at the breakfast desk try & smile & make the guests feel welcomed instead of pulling a face and making us feel as though we were an inconvenience. I watched her reaction to the others breakfasters as her manner was the same - we were in the way. She had no people skills & from what I saw couldn't organise a breakfast for more than a few people. Good weekend to find out the hotels weak spots! Had no problems with other meals/contact with the other staff.

Room Tip: Don't get a room in the front if there are coach parties.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear linda12013

Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences you have outlined as having encountered whilst you stayed with us. The Easter weekend was a very busy weekend for us and therefore there were times when the restaurant was very busy for breakfast, and hence there might have been some delays. Certainly this is not to say that you should have received excellent service.

All your comments have been noted and will be addressed accordingly.

Thanks

Been to Clarion Collection Croydon Park Hotel? Share your experiences!