“Saturday night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Croydon
eastbourne
“Saturday night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Croydon Park Hotel last night. We had a lovely stay. The bar is great. Health Club very good. Lovely comfy pillows. Fabulous breakfast. First time we've had fried eggs on a buffet that weren't like rubber. Will stay again without doubt.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear eastbourneoap

Thanks for leaving is a review here. The chef will be pleased to know how much you enjoyed his fried eggs.

We look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My Daughter recomended this hotel for us as we had to vist my wifes best friend in hospital in South London.in January 2014.
What a excellent choise,we stayed from 1st January 2013 till 13th January 2014.
Service from the minute we arrived was 1st class.Hotel porter, Service desk very friendly and helpful.Buffet breakfast was excellent and the restaurant supervisr her name was Mariola went out her way to please us.The Free Wi fi was a bonus
We had a car and parking was no problem,however East Crodon Railway station was very close by and from there Victoria Station 15/18 Minutes.
Thank you Croydon Park Hotel make our stay extra special.
John and Judith From Sydney Australia

Room Tip: Executive 4th floor above main entrance room 422
Dear AFC008

Thanks for leaving us a review here.

We are greatly pleased to see that you had such a great stay with us. Your kind comments will be passed on to my colleagues and Mariola will certainly be told that you mentioned her by name.

Hope your friend gets well soon.

Thanks
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently celebrated my 50th Birthday at the Croydon Park Hotel. From the planning of the event to the actual date of the celebration the staff were professional, helpful and very polite. The Christmas decor gave the hotel the impression of a 5-star hotel. All the twinkling lights made me and my guests feel extra special. Sherad and the waiters in Oscar's Brasserie gave us top class service. The buffet was so delicious that everyone kept complimenting the Chef throughout the evening. The bar staff worked wonders with 20 different cocktails ordered. Our bedroom was lovely well worth the price and I was able to enjoy a hearty breakfast and use of the glorious jacuzzi the next day. Everyone is still praising Croydon Park Hotel for such a memorable and majestic start to the New Year 2014.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
croydonpark, Front Office Manager at Clarion Collection Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear AfricanBeauty_no1

Thanks for leaving us a review here. It pleases us to see that you and your guest had such a wonderful time with us. Well there is no doubt in my mind as to where your next event will be held, so we look forward to hosting you again.

Your kind comments will be passed to my colleagues.

Thanks for sharing with the world.
Stockport
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

This is a nice hotel in and around Croydon which is ideal for business or leisure. The thing most worthy of comment is the excellent staff who made me feel welcome from the moment I stepped in the building

Nothing was too much trouble and the bar staff are among the most courteous I have ever encountered

The room decor was a little tired but spotlessly clean

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
croydonpark, Marketing Executive at Clarion Collection Croydon Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear GrouchoStockport,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to hear your lovely comments and that our staff made you feel welcome.

We hope to see you again soon.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I have now stayed at this hotel on two occasion and it has been excellent. I accept that the rooms (aside from the 5th floor) are in need of refurbishment as they are a little dated but this is underway. I travel on business and what matters is the room is clean, the bedding is clean and the bed is comfortable, the hotel scores high on this. If you then add an excellent restaurant good bar and the best parking arrangements in the area. The staff are extremely helpful at all times.
Only negative is my usual one if people read my reviews and that is this antiquated charging for in room internet tis is so far removed from the norm across Europe. If you are a business hotel then make that final minor move forward and make it fully business user friendly.

Stayed January 2014
Dear Graham J,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad to hear that we delivered excellent customer service on both of your stays. We hope you continue to use the hotel in the near future.

Wifi is complementary for guest staying at the Croydon Park Hotel.

Hastings, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here just before Christmas and was hugely disappointed at the hotels demise. I have used this hotel sporadically most of my life and used to be one of the poshest hotels in the area but now is just tired with no investment at all to the rooms as far as I can see. it definitely does not deserve its 4* rating at the moment. the rooms are old with cold draughty windows with no maintenance having been done so have big gaps to the frames. the whole look of the room is very 80's and so so tired. the bathroom is very average and the shower we had leaked terribly. I would say this hotel is ok if you were expecting an average 3* hotel but nothing more. definitely have had better rooms at a premier inn. we ordered room service which they tried everything to dissuade us from ordering but when we insisted, it still hadn't turned up 50mins later! I rang a few times and kept being told it was on its way. in the end I cancelled it and went to bed. I wouldn't mind but it was only 2 cheese sandwiches so nothing difficult at all. again not at all what you expect from a 4*. when I complained in the morning, they just refunded my parking of £5 which I couldn't believe they were charging guests in the first place. what a shame, it used to be a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear joanne h,

Thank you for your review.

I have taken your comments on board. I do apologise that your stay was not up to standards.

I must apologise about the room service, and we have had a chat with F&B manager who will be looking into it personally.

We have been charging for car park and it also states on our website regarding the charges

Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The room was old-fashioned and had a distinct fusty smell; also the two rooms we occupied next to one another, gave all parties a very bad night sleep, as outside both windows was a constant dripping caused by probably poor maintenance and made us all feel as if we were in a Chinese torture room, rather than a four-star hotel... Combine this with being disturbed further by the fire alarm going off and been told by reception it was nothing to worry about! Only to open the door again when the fire alarms re-sounded, to see smoke and a screaming resident running down the corridor was a little scary… However, we were sort of reassured by members of staff telling us to go back into our room as everything was ok what a little bit disconcerting! Nobody came back to see us or had the common courtesy to check we were alright when we went down for breakfast or checked out. Having raised my concerns when checking out the gentleman simply smiled and showed no understanding of my concerns… but thought he was being very very kind by knocked £5.00 parking off my bill!

Is this good customer service? I’ll leave that to you to decide…

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor bedrooms. at the back of the hotel if it's raining....
Dear Harryfromsheff,

Thank you for your review.

I was informed that our Operations Manager contacted you to discuss the matter further and has explained you the reasons for the water dripping and the reason for the Fire alarm going off.

We do hope you come again to see us and except our sincere apology for the service we provided on your stay.

Marketing Executive

Been to Clarion Collection Croydon Park Hotel? Share your experiences!