“Good service keeps it above average.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Croydon
Witney, United Kingdom
“Good service keeps it above average.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

For what you pay for a stay here it is hard not say that Hilton Croydon represents good value for money. The service of the staff while not textbook Hilton, were helpful and seemed liked they did care. The room, while very clean was a bit average and there were a number of signs of ware and tear that could do with being refurnished. Sleep was very comfortable mind you! The biggest let down by far though was the fact used room service trays were left all night and all the following morning in the corridor. It just shows management and/or staff don't inspect them regularly. That aside, good stay, resourceful staff and very good value for money. Being just a 15 minute walk from Waddon train station makes the Hilton a good option for visiting the capital (45 mins total) too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Mattbowling1,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at Hilton Croydon. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from guests.

I was glad whilst reading your comments that you generally enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be good value for money. Guest comments are shared with all team members to ensure action plans are put in place to resolve issues.

Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to provide your comments. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Hilton Croydon in the near future.

David Rowley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here a couple of times and its a bit of a hit and miss really.
First time we stayed in a king room, which was on offer. Furniture and room is a little dated. Room is very big and spacious. Window overlooked car park which may not be romantic but as we parked at Hilton it was a peace of mind for us to watch over our car.

Second time & third time we stayed in a normal double room, the shower couldn't turn off properly so hot water was on all night and steamed up the room.
Door handle/lock was broken but as I stayed with boyfriend it wasn't too bothersome for us but this should have been fixed.
Room was right next to the lift so it can be noisy at times.
Carpets are a little stained and air conditioning was not working on all 3 of our stays.
There is a fridge in the room which is very handy, room service can be really pricey.

Staff at Hilton are extremely professional and friendly, check in/out was quick and easy. Bar area is cosy, sofas and chairs available.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lift if you're a light sleeper
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JenT87,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor about your recent visit to the Hilton Croydon.

I am glad that you found our staff to be very professional and friendly. I do apologise for the issues with your allocated room and have discussed them with our Maintenance and Housekeeping department to ensure a plan is put in place to address them.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed for just one night, but had a pleasant stay.

First impression was how nice it is to have free car parking! This should be standard at all hotels or built in to the room rate.
Check in was breezy, and straight up to the room. I agree with other reviewers, the rooms really are tired and in desperate need of a refurbishment.
I particularly liked the hhonors welcome gift though: A drink voucher, a box of chocolates, 2 bottles of water and a jar of mixed salted nuts. These were very welcome after a car journey from hell.
Service in the restaurant was great and the food was good, there was a surprisingly different menu from other Hiltons. The only shock was the price which was absolutely exorbitant. The pricing in the restaurant was far too high.

Overall a good stay, for the right rate I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear 19Cam

Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Croydon. I was glad to read that you had a comfortable stay with us at Hilton Croydon.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff, food and services. Our aim at Hilton Croydon is to have our guests enjoy their stay and leave wanting to return. Your comment regarding refurbishments is an area we are looking into presently.

Thank you once again for taking the time and trouble to provide your comments and for your custom. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Hilton Croydon in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

we stayed there a day after visiting harry potter studios.we found it really good in terms of access to restuarants amd staff being very helful.the junior suite we stayed in had a big spill mark on the carpet not to be expected when staying in hilton suites but we told the staff and they apologised and said will look into it.parking was excellent and we were overall satified

Room Tip: stay in suite
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Chackos,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to the Hilton Croydon. I am glad that you had an overall satisfactory stay with us and that you found our staff to be very helpful. I will be sharing your feedback with our team members.

Guildford, England
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in a junior suite after getting a good rate I was pleased with. However, the room was very disappointing - a large space but oddly empty feeling and soulless. Furniture and bathroom fittings were very tired looking, chipped, scratched and to top it off the bedroom window was broken so it couldn't be closed - hardly ideal for February! We reported the window but got little response other than an offer of sending heaters to the room.
The worst aspect of our stay was the dire service we received for dinner. We were a group of 16, the only ones eating in the restaurant on a Friday night and yet the staff seemed highly disorganized and unable to cope. We were kept waiting for over 30 minutes before we could order food. 40 minutes after ordering staff returned to say that they did not have enough steaks to fulfill the order so many had to order again. Finally it was around another 30 minutes before the food arrived. There were numerous staff but no coordination between them and several requests for drink etc had to be made more than once. The food itself was fine but nothing special and a little on the expensive side. The bill also had to be requested more than once, took 30 minutes to be received and we were overcharged massively for items we hadn't ordered, including the steaks that were originally ordered but the kitchen didn't have.
Breakfast was better only because nearly all items were a buffet and so already available, although the kitchen could not keep up with demand for the additional items on offer {pancakes and waffles - poor quality after another long wait!).
A disappointing hotel and not up to what I'd expect for the name Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David R, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear HelenandMark,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. I am sorry that your experience was not to expectation. I was disappointed to hear of the maintenance issues in your room. We have a number of procedures to ensure that issues are rectified before our guests arrive so this is something I will be addressing with the team.

I also regret that you did not enjoy dinner at the Hotel. Initially, you booked a table for 5 guests on our taste card promotion. On arrival in the lobby you then mentioned you now required a table of 16. Understandably this took the team some time to arrange tables and so you were offered menus to peruse in the bar whilst this took place. You were one of a number of diners in the restaurant on a busy Friday night.

When dining in the restaurant I am aware that an error was made by us when taking your initial order and this then made the billing of your evening initially inaccurate. Please accept my unreserved apologies for this human error. I was pleased to see from my investigation that a significant discount was applied to your bill in light of these errors.

I also note your mention of a long wait for breakfast specials. As these items are all made fresh to order, there may be delays at peak times. I will be discussing the quality point raised with our Head Chef as feedback is normally very positive regarding breakfast specials.

deeside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

enjoyed our trip as regards hotel however never visit area aGAIN due to over zealous council who very kindly sent us a fine for getting lost in croydons terrible inner roads never drive there again beware taking a wrong turn in croydon poor rail links to london although hotel tried with shuttle bus

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
David R, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Stephen R,

Many Thanks for your recent review. I am really sorry to hear that you received a fine when driving. I assume this may be when you entered the congestion charge area. Being new to the area myself I can certainly empathise with how confusing city roads can be. Our reception team are predominantly all based very locally to the Hotel and have an excellent grasp of charge zones and the best roads to take so I would recommend using their expertise. Alternatively our weekday morning transport is an excellent way to go straight to East Croydon station.

I am not sure which connecting station you utilised as we do enjoy some excellent rail links. East Croydon station is a 10 – 15 minutes taxi from the Hotel with Victoria rail and tube station 18 mins further by train.

Despite your congestion charge experience I do hope you will reconsider returning to the Hotel as I believe we are an excellent platform for work or leisure in London without the sky high hotel room rates found further in to the city.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed here for one night this weekend with late rooms and can not grumble at the price we found of £53.
But having stayed with lots of hotels through my work and pleasure this hilton definitely seemed a bit tired.
The reception area was nice and the bar but the room itself definitely needed a refurb. The carpet looked like they had just put odd bits down to try and make a big one . The bed was big and comfy but no mattress protector on it.
The bathroom gave you that grubby feeling and the flush had obviously broke so they just put a new button above leaving a big hole where the last one was. The furniture was also dated , I'm really not a fussy person and ill sleep anywhere but once in your room you definitely wouldn't think you were at a hilton hotel.
We had breakfast and I was looking forward to the big hilton breakfast I have had in the past but again it just didnt live up to it , it was a choice of cold fried eggs or runny horrible scrambled egg.
Just a shame really as I have stayed In some lovely hilton hotels like cobham.

• Stayed March 2013
David R, General Manager at Hilton London Croydon, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Mandimoo28,

Many thanks for your honest review of the Hotel. I am pleased you had found the overall stay value for money.

I am sorry that you felt the room not quite up to expectation. Our simple aim is for our rooms to be ultra clean and to meet or exceed expectation wherever possible so I very much regret we did not hit this in your eyes.

I have discussed the contents of your email with the team to ensure that appropriate lessons are learned from your feedback.

Many Thanks

David

Been to Hilton London Croydon? Share your experiences!