“Food and friendly service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 333 Restaurants in Croydon
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Singapore Orchid takes great pride in the authenticity of our food. Menu includes therapeutic food and some of the famed "Street Food of Singapore" available in the Hawker centres of Singapore.
London, United Kingdom
“Food and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great food, great service and great value. We have been to the Singapore Orchid many times. We lived in Asia for over 20 years and found a little bit of Singapore tucked away in Croydon. Ananda, the owner will help you select dishes- fully explaining ingredients and cooking- don't be afraid to ask for suggestions. You must try the steamed fish! There is nowhere else better to experience Singapore cooking around London and at great prices.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Croydon, United Kingdom
“Who has been writing the positive reviews?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I visited here based on the reviews given. i went with a friend who grew up in singapore and i myself have visited singapore many a time.
Firstly the menu was vast.That was the first warning sign.

We ordered chicken satay and they came out within five minutes. how they made chicken satay within five minutes is beyond me. The chicken was rubbery and the peanut dip was not authentic.
We then had a traditional malay main course. again it was awful awful awful. my friend bit into a piece of platic. i left my dish largely untouched.
The waitress was nice. Thats the only positive review i can give.
Plse dont waste your money. the food is not genuine nor fresh. A complete let down.

To make up for the bad experience and the hunger we went for a coffee and cake in a well known coffee shop which was lovely.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“A Real Delight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The menu here has all the regular things that you will see at most Chinese restaurants but I would strongly advise you go for some adventure.

There is a huge assortment of dishes from Singapore street food to other Malaysian delights that you may never have heard of.

I chose to go all out and try dishes I'd never tried before and I was so happy I did.

There is so much subtlety in the spices and fragrances that you'll want to come back and try more.

The service is great and has a very friendly feel.

A definite recommendation.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, England, United Kingdom
“One of my favourites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have been here several times and they welcome you like family :) The food is wonderful, the service attentive but not intrusive and even for a fussy eater like me and a vegetarian like my brother the menu is varied and delicious!! Once when we were taking home some left over ribs for our dog we were even given the advice to wash the sauce off because it's not good for the dogs coat lol

If you're in the area and want a nice friendly atmosphere and a menu to suit everyone then Singapore Orchid is where you should head.

Great Place :)

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Being a faithful regular to the Singapore Orchid, I asked them to cater for my wedding recently and I certainly wasn't disappointed. The food was up to the same exceptional standard as always even though they were catering for 50 of my guests. Very reasonably priced too. Cant recommend this place enough. Outstanding on both service and taste!

• Visited August 2012