I was brought here by my hubby for a surprise anniversary night away. From the moment we drove in, I knew we'd arrived somewhere very special.
We were too early to check in, so we took ourselves off to the Spa for a couple of hours. The changing rooms, to begin with, were some of the grandest I've ever used, with luxury amenities at every turn. Abundant towels, slippers and robes were at our disposal with no limit on how many we used during the day, which, when you're in and out of the pool and then fancy a drink outside by the pool, was a nice touch.
When we checked into our room, we were thrilled to have been upgraded to a deluxe junior suite, as it was our anniversary. The room was phenomenal, over two floors with a mezzanine study area and with a bathroom you could live in....
Although we didn't order anything from it, we were amused to find a 'Pillow Menu' in our room!
Evening turn down service was as expected but I was happy to see the coffee and cups had been replenished while were were at dinner, so we were able to have fresh, in the morning.
Dinner at the two Michelin starred Latymer Restaurant was out of this world, and exceeded all our expectations. We not only enjoyed the wonderful 10 course tasting menu but really appreciated the time taken by the wine waiter to explain how the accompanying wines complemented the dishes. He even kindly wrote out for the names of the wines so that we could buy them ourselves at a later date.
My only area of slight disappointment was breakfast. The restaurant was very full and seemed low on waiters. Despite the fact it was a self service buffet, we waited about 20 minutes to be brought coffee/tea and had to be highly cautious when carrying our plates from the serving area back to our table as many people were passing to and fro. For a 5 star hotel, this is a little bit of a let-down after the amazing day before, where everything was perfect. I would personally have preferred to accept a staggered breakfast time slot, to allow a more attentive service or even have breakfast in bed, next time.... and there will be a next time... :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pennyhill Park is a magnificent country house hotel in Bagshot, Surrey, set amongst 123 acres of gardens and parkland including a 9 hole golf course. This five-star luxury hotel offers everything from unmatchable luxury spa breaks and treatments to fine wines, Surrey's only two Michelin star restaurant, Michael Wignall at The Latymer and impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tablet Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Pennyhill Park Hotel and The Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And The Bagshot
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And Country
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And The Spa Bagshot, England - Surrey