I know I am a bit late in writing this review (nearly a year!! I have left one in the past) but I have been to this hotel three times and planning another visit with my husband this March and I was just reading thru the latest reviews.
I was dismayed to read about the visitor who said he had his watch stolen in the review they left in November 2011. Obviously I don't know anything about that issue, but just want to balance the books a bit by relating my experience.
The first visit we had at PennyHill for our 17th wedding anniversary was truly wonderful...all the great reviews you read are ALL TRUE!!! Nothing was too much for them, and they made our stay so welcoming and were very attentive. Facilities, food and spa...the best! We have tried since then, and failed to find anything close to PHP!! Two more visits since then has been outstanding and worth the 'bit extra' in our opinion!
The first time we stayed, I got a call from the Reception on the 2nd day of our visit. Apparently a cleaner had found my purse on the public stairs and honestly handed it in to reception and I wasn't even aware that I had lost it!!! I know that there are lots of honest people out there, but I just thort I wanted to post this to let other potential visitors know a different side.
I work long hours in my local hospital and my husband has his own demanding business and three teenage kids...so we consider visiting this beautiful hotel as a real getaway from the stresses of life...and it works!! When my jids are old enough to use the Spa, we have promised that we will treat them here too!
They also have this lovely cook that makes her own sauces...she's a gem! And she cooks my eggs just like I like them for brekkie! I make a bee line for her every time I go and she always remembers me! I think she has been working there 20 years or more... I hope she is still there when we go again!
Just one thing, Mr Voigt, pleeeese let the superb hydrotherapy/ jacuzzi pools not be 'closed for maintanence' at the end of March....!!! I cud't cope without them!!! I look forward to seeing all your proffessional, friendly staff then! Its our 20th year wedding Anniversary this year and I can find no better place to celebrate it!! Can't wait! Keep up the good work!!
Ian & Marcia, Herts
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pennyhill Park is a magnificent country house hotel in Bagshot, Surrey, set amongst 123 acres of gardens and parkland including a 9 hole golf course. This five-star luxury hotel offers everything from unmatchable luxury spa breaks and treatments to fine wines, Surrey's only two Michelin star restaurant, Michael Wignall at The Latymer and impeccable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Pennyhill Park Hotel and The Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And The Bagshot
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And Country
- Pennyhill Park Hotel And The Spa Bagshot, England - Surrey