“Great Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The food at the shrew is great been there lots of time. Got a great child menu. Welcomes everyone. The staff are very helpful and you always get your food on time it is never late. Will be returning soon!

• Visited September 2012
Trina C, Owner at The Shrew, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. It's great to know that you enjoyed your experience with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Tamworth, United Kingdom
“Top Class Steaks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a retired butcher, I would like to think that i still know my meat and I have to say that the quality of the steaks my golfing friends and I enjoyed at the Shrew were of a very high standard. It's not easy to please everyone as we all ordered varying degrees of rare to medium well-done. Very nice and friendly staff and a warm traditional pub dinning experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Trina C, Owner at The Shrew, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank You for your review. We are so pleased that you've enjoyed the food prepared for you and that you've taken the time to let others know of your experience. Your feedback has been greatly welcomed and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Salivating just thinking about our visit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

As frequent visitors from Belfast over staying with family no trip would be complete without our ritual Sunday lunch at the Shrew. 11 of us enjoyed lunch yesterday and the service was outstanding with Trina taking time to welcome us back like old friends. The food was gorgeous with a lovely starter of baby peppers filled with goats cheese and a balsamic reduction. My roast beef was really succulent with two huge slices topped with enormous Yorkshire puddings with accompanying vegtables which included creamy leeks (yum). My husband enjoyed the belly pork and with a look from me resisted licking his plate. I settled for the two courses but my husband decided to press on and enjoy a dessert of sticky toffee pudding with an individual jug of custard. This was declared one of the best tasted and his spoon was put on the empty plate with a sigh of complete satisfaction! What was really impressive was Jason (chef) coming out from the kitchen before dessert was served to ensure that my husband was aware that this was a new recipe he was using and to inform him that there were dates in the mixture. My husbands empty plate was testimont to it's success. Well done guys you make a winning combination.

• Visited October 2012
Trina C, Owner at The Shrew, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank You so much for such a wonderful review. It's always lovely to see you and welcome you back to The Shrew. Thank you for letting us try our new recipes on you and giving your feedback. This all helps towards us continuing to give our customers quality and value for money. We look forward to welcoming you all again real soon. Once again THANK YOU.
“Mmmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

After all the positive reviews on trip advisor my wife and I were both really looking forward to experiencing the shrew, although not quite what we expected for a rural country pub the atmosphere was great and staff very friendly. After enjoying a quick drink before being led into the restaurant our starter arrived promptly and was soon devoured filling an empty belly starved knowingly in anticipation. Then the main! A 10oz ribeye steak with all the trimmings for me and the steak and mushroom pie for the wife..
I ordered the red wine sauce but was most disapointed as it wasn't as tasty as I thought it was going to be and for me the carnivor it's the sauce that holds it all together, saying that the steak was excellent and an extremely large portion. As for my wife? Her thoughts where (being a pie lover) very tasty but a bit watery and a good pie should be when the filling is encased in pastry and not just a topper!
To summarise.. Extreme good value for money, great staff, just a few points off being perfect.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Trina C, Owner at The Shrew, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and have taken on board all of your comments. The chef has noted your review of the red wine sauce and the pie and we will endeavour to make improvments to these going forward. On behalf of myself and my team, we look forward to welcoming you again the near future.
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“fantastic wouldn`t eat anywhere else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

the shrew is a warm & welcoming place to go. we have been going for a few years now, we even go for our christmas day, boxing day & new years day meals there!. we recommend the shrew to everyone. sunday lunch is good value for money,which we have once a month & go during the week too. the menus are varied & there is something for everyone. i recently went there for for my birthday, trina jason and the staff made the evening enjoyable. so to anyone who is reading this go & see for yourselves you will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012
Trina C, Owner at The Shrew, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Thank You for your lovely review. We're always pleased to welcome you to The Shrew and we much appreciate your valued custom over the last few years. It really is a compliment when people like yourselves return time and time again and we always look forward to sharing a friendly chat with you and having a laugh. We have many loyal customers that have become really good friends and not just customers. For us it's all about giving great food and service at the same time. The team really welcome your feed back.
Thank You once again.