“Melt in Your Mouth Food - Wow!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 41 restaurants in Uttoxeter
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The Dog and Partridge, Traditional Pub and Dining, in the delightful village of Marchington, Staffordshire. Fantastic food, drink and a superb relaxed atmosphere. The Pub with a rich and colourful history dates back to the Georgian era, and is bursting full of character and friendly staff who will always make you feel at home. There are a delicious selection of wines, spirits and beers including locally brewed real Ales - and Fresh and Delicious meals, using the highest quality produce. We can take bookings for up to 50 people if attending local attractions like Uttoxeter Races and Alton Towers - please book in advance.Monday - Thursday:12pm - 3pm & then 6pm - 11pmEvery Wednesday is Steak & Wine Night: offering Steak and a Glass of Wine from only £12.95Fridays:12pm - 3pm & then 5pm - MidnightSaturdays:10am - 3pm / 6pm - MidnightWe serve Saturday brunch from 10am - 3pmand then Dinner is served from 6pm onwards.Sundays:Open all day from 12pm with Sunday Lunch served until 4pm.Sunday Club coming soon.Please have a look at our delicious new Menus and if you would like to book a table simply contact us. We look forward to seeing you soon!We now Offer free Wifi!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Melt in Your Mouth Food - Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quant country pub to help us celebrate valentines day. We settled on The Dog & Partridge which is an hour's drive from our home. We weren't disappointed. The ambiance was romantic and warm. The food was delightful - portion sizes were plentiful but not daunting and the quality of the ingredients shown through. Thanks D&P for a fantastic experience.

Visited February 2013
Paul N, Owner at The Dog and Partridge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
glad you enjoyed the food! Mark the chef was with me for the past two years at my last establishment and i made damn sure i brought him with me to this one!!!

94% Recommend
“Brilliant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch this afternoon & I couldn't speak any more highly about the food at the Dog & Partridge. Wonderful pub with wonderful food!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Paul N, Manager at The Dog and Partridge, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
you are too kind!!
thank you very much!!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“D&P Real Talent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I popped over from Burton after hearing about the music night, expecting the usual rag-tag mix of yodelling Grannies and earnest teens who can't make eye contact, but found, to my suprise, an excellent mix of musicians, song writers and vocalists on offer.

The pub itself is a delight, with some great food (great steak) and decent beer!

Highly recommend.

• Visited January 2013
Paul N, Owner at The Dog and Partridge, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
thank you for your kind comments!!

Uttoxeter
“Good food & beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating here at least once a week for the last two months. Pretty soon after the current owners took over. Apart from once (when I had chicken wrapped in bacon in a Stilton sauce which had neither bacon nor Stilton), almost all the meals have been of a high quality.
The beers have not once disappointed, the only thing I could say here is the lack of Pedigree as a house beer is a disappointment in this area. But it is on on occasion. Nether the less I have always found a beer I could drink on tap without having to resort to a non real ale.
There is usually at least a table of diners every evening of the week, and sometimes the place is packed. My only minor complaint is that it would be nice to be asked whether I'd like a beer top up when my glass is near empty as I don't really want to leave the table until I have finished my meal.
So, in all, I can highly recommend the Dog and Partridge, Marchington.

Paul N, Owner at The Dog and Partridge, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
we prided ourselves on our beer selection at our previous pub making the good beer guide 5 times in seven years, we hope to get this pub too into the beer guides, something it hasn't had for many years.
check out our loyalty card offer on our website!

Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“The Dog & Partridge Marchington, a must visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

A fantastic village pub, friendly welcome and great beer. A fabulous new menu in 2013 serving generous portions of home cooked food, with a lovely selection of specials to choose from too. Definitely worth a visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paul N, Owner at The Dog and Partridge, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
thank you for the kind words helen and i know you've visited us several times since! we have only just got the facility to be able to respond so here it is! thanks again!