“Sumptuous Sunday Lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 48 Restaurants in Uttoxeter
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pub with excellent cask beers and excellent home cooking
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
“Sumptuous Sunday Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised when I visited The Bramshall Inn for Sunday lunch. The meal was made up of no less than 7 differing vegetables, stuffing balls, Yorkshire puds and 2 types of meat (Pork & Beef) all cooked to perfection with gravy to die for and the portions were more than I was capable of eating. My kids are very fussy eaters when it comes to roast dinners, who's kids are not, so again I was surprised to see that their plates were empty, both saying how much they had enjoyed their meals. My wife and I did not have room for the large selection of sweets but my kids found some! The meals cost just £6.95 each and I really do believe I could not have cooked that much food, or that well, at home for that price. I see quite few visits to The Bramshall for Sunday lunches from now on. Well done Justin who cooked this wonderful Sunday fayre.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best Sunday lunch in a long time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were going to cook but, on a very rainy, cold day decided to head to our local for Sunday lunch, and we weren't disappointed! At £6.95 a head, the meal was unbeatable value and great quality. Superb roast beef, with lovely roast potatoes, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings, mash and all the trimmings - a real treat. The pork had loads of crackling and the meal came with extra gravy and lots of fresh, well cooked vegetables. Couple this with a table by a roaring log fire and Doombar on tap and you have a recipe for success. The kids meals were superb and they all enjoyed a mini Eton Mess for afters. You can't beat a real Sunday lunch and this was as good as it gets. And, at this price, you'd be mad to slave over a hot stove. A real recommendation for a proper pub roast.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calne, United Kingdom
“A Pub come restaurant that goes the extra mile, well done.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We had a Christmas family get together consisting of 13 adults and children. The service and the quality of food was excellent. The owner and his staff went the extra mile to ensure we all had a great time. This is one of the best eating out experiences we have ever had as a family. I would highly recommend The Old Bramshall Inn to all. Keep up the excellent work.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stone, United Kingdom
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Called for lunch today as meeting family from Burton-on-Trent. Waited for ages for meals. When mine and my partners arrived didnt look at all appetising. My partners soup was like porridge and cold. My meal was Cottage Pie but tasted awful, greasy and cold as were the chips just couldnt eat any of it. The batter on my partners Fish was a soggy mess. I did complain and at least they did not charge for my meal and that and the coffee was the only redeeming feature. Needless to say we wont be visiting again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“2 recent visits, both great experiences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

A lovely country pub just outside of Uttoxeter with a friendly and welcoming landlord and friendly staff.

We happened upon this pub recently which from the outside looks lovely, and we weren’t disappointed when we went in for lunch and refreshments, it’s just as you would expect from an old country pub.

I’m sure the 2 rather large dogs will put some customers off, but not us, they were well behaved and kept under control.

The menu was as you would expect from a country pub with all the usual staples. The pumps were well stocked too with a number of good beers from around the country. The food was well presented and lovely, priced reasonably, and the service attentive.

We were extremely happy with our visit and promptly booked a gathering of around 25-30 people for about a week later, this was accommodated in an area away from the bar and although not a separate room was suitably enclosed for some privacy. A finger buffet, tea, coffee, orange juice etc was provided which was plentiful, of good standard, and at a very reasonable cost, beer and wine was purchased from the bar. The occasion was successful and a number of people from the surrounding area said they would go back again.

If I lived locally this would be my pub of choice. Well done Justin.

• Visited September 2013