First ever review in trip advisor but this hotel is so awful I had to write one. Here is a list of problems:
1. Only had us down as one person even though the email confirming booking said two people
2. The stairs are steep and slope away from you meaning you feel you have to lean forward to stop yourself falling down the stairs. especially dangerous when you are carrying a lot of luggage
3. None of the floors in the hotel or rooms seem to be level
4. Room isn't big enough for 2 people and their luggage (room 9). Wardrobe is behind the TV stand with only a small gap in which to access it.
5. Window will open but it is either all or nothing as it seems to close itself during the night.
6. The shower is nothing but a trickle and useless for anyone over 6 feet tall.
7. The distance between the bathroom floor and getting in and out of the shower is close to a foot, with no step to aid you and no non-slip flooring
8. Double glazing is non-existent
9. The mattress is too soft as well are the pillows so you always feel like you are going to to roll straight out of bed - very difficult to get comfortable.
10. Extractor fan is disgusting. Looks like it has never been cleaned of all the dust that has accumulated in it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a central location in the historic town of Uttoxeter, just 20 minutes from Stoke on Trent, this charming Georgian-era Hotel offers free Wi-Fi access and secure on-site parking.The property was built in 1777 and served as the first bank in Uttoxeter. To this day the Hotel still retains many of its original features, such as the bank vault and a beautiful unsupported oak staircase. With friendly staff and a thoroughly warm welcome, it’s the perfect base from which to explore the area.Each of the 17 en-suite bedrooms are individually styled and furnished. Emphasising both comfort and relaxation, they all include free Wi-Fi access, TV, cosy bedding, telephone and tea & coffee making facilities. Double, Twin and Family options are available and for those seeking a touch of added luxury, they also offer elegant four poster rooms.Although the Hotel does not have its own restaurant, the delectable ‘Thai at The Bank’ has set up home in the Hotel, offering freshly prepared, authentic Thai food served in a welcoming atmosphere.The Hotel is located in the town of Uttoxeter, just a 25 minute drive from Junction 14 off the M6. Convenient and accessible, it is just 20 minutes from Stoke-on-Trent, 30 minutes from Derby and 45 minutes from Nottingham. Each city has excellent transport links and there is also a local train station at Uttoxeter, just a brief walk from the Hotel. For those flying in, East Midlands International Airport is just a little over a 30 minute drive away.The town of Uttoxeter is perfectly positioned to make the most of all that the surrounding area has to offer. The town itself is home to the famous Uttoxeter Racecourse, just a 10 minute walk from the Hotel. The vibrant city of Derby offers a fine cathedral, the fabulous Westfield Shopping Centre and some of the best real-ale houses in Britain. Whilst Stoke-on-Trent, renowned as the World Capital of Ceramics, offers over 25 pottery factory shops as well as a wonderful selection of award-winning museums and visitor centres. For outdoor enthusiasts, the Staffordshire Moorlands provides excellent walking and beautiful scenery. There are also plenty of nearby historic attractions including Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall and Tutbury Castle. For unparalleled family fun, escape to Alton Towers, Britain’s most popular theme park. With its adrenaline fuelled rides, blockbusting attractions, amazing live shows and scenic gardens, there is something for everyone to enjoy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bank House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bank House Hotel Uttoxeter, Staffordshire