“Consider Travelodge” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Tamworth Central

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tamworth
Travelodge Tamworth Central
You added Travelodge Tamworth Central to your Saves list
Bolebridge Street, Tamworth B79 7AG, England   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Consider Travelodge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After deciding never to use Travelodge again, a couple of years ago, I was visiting Tamworth and couldn't find a hotel to fit a company budget, a college who lives there suggested checking Travelodge Central. A new build on top of a n Aldi store and an easy to find location.
easy to park and then an uninspiring, but clean and tidy entrance lead up to the expected reception. Where a friendly welcome cheered me up.
The room was clean, tidy and although initially had a basic appearance, it turned out to have everything I needed.
Good heating, comfy bed, clean and functional bathroom with shower. I had a very peaceful sleep, with no internal or external noise, despite facing out onto a main road.
The location was good for the town centre and area around the medieval tower and gardens with a bandstand, which looked like it would be popular an sunny days. All in clean and tidy condition.
Would I consider Travelodge again - yes, as long it had the recent makeover and would I consider this particular one again - absolutely.
Great value for money.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Really comfortable and clean room ideal for a visit to the local town centre and shopping. Large car park is a great bonus and the staff were friendly and helpful. Great value and well worth considering for a short stay/visit.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Lochgelly, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

An excellent hotel, which has recently been refurbished. Made for a very clean, modern and comfortable stay.

Only let down was the pillows and mattress. Pillows were too big for our liking and the mattress seemed to sag in the middle. Otherwise would have been 5/5.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was going to meet up with my neice for her 50th birthday celebration so stayed at Tamworth Travelodge Central upon her recommendation. I was very impressed with Travelodge. Free car park with ample space (Lidl next door if you need anything) Wetherspooins close by. The town is approx 10 minutes walk away. Room was spotless, bed and pillows very comfortable. Expecting it to be noisy as located near a busy road but needn't have worried as when window were closed, couldn't hear anything. Hotel was very quiet also. Heating in room could be adjusted to suit my needs. All in all, a lovely relaxing break at a very inexpensive cost (no single room supplement, either :)

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

I stayed at Travelodge Tamworth for 1 night as I was going to a party at the nearby Belfry.

The price was right, only £39. I was on my own and had a double room with a king size bed. I was able to open the window, something you can't always do in hotels. The room was spotlessly clean and the shower was lovely.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Tamworth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

I booked for some friends to come up and stay and in my error I was concentrating on booking a disabled room and a twin but unfortunately forgot to tick the box and ended up booking a double and a twin.
I went round to see if the Travel Lodge could possibly accommodate me at all and to my relief the receptionist was brilliant and corrected it there and then.
This is excellent service and I cant praise her enough

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night thinking as it was a new hotel it would be of an excellent standard and value for money. How wrong was I! After checking in which was good to be fair I proceeded to my room to find the windows wide open. I felt this was strange considering it was the end of October. After unpacking I found the temperature of the room to be stifling and unbearable, no air conditioning for a brand new hotel but a cheap desk fan. I had to sleep with the windows wide open, the fan on and no quilt all night as it was so hot. Didn't get hardly any sleep at all. I complained in the morning and was offered an email voucher for £30 like I am going to stay there again. The customer care post complaint has been an absolute disgrace. God only knows what it is like in the summer. Take my advice avoid it at all costs go and stay at the Premier Inn

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Travelodge Tamworth Central? Share your experiences!