“Fantastic!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”

I have stayed here twice over the last 2 months

First as a couple for a friends wedding (we did a stay and play deal which worked out very good value for money) and secondly with our young children.

On both occassions the rooms have been clean and comfortable, staff are friendly, approachable and happy to help, the beds are very comfortable and the bathrooms are good. The breakfasts are decent and work very well for a good breakfast before a day on the park.

The room service is expensive for the quality and normally takes a good while to arrive (on the first visit we were even billed for 2 meals that never arrived - but after a discussion with reception they were removed at no charge) The hotel is very family friendly. The only small issue I can point out is that on both occassions the bar has been very busy and has only ever been 1 or 2 servers and you are waiting 10-20minutes for a drink but very minor. Overall very good for the money and for a family trip, great value especially compared to places like Alton Towers were it is double the price. We will definetly stay again.

P.s You only get 15 or 30 minutes free wi-fi in your room then you have to pay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Drayton Manor H, Front Office Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2014
Thank you for the kind comments you have left following your stay with us. I will share them with the team. I will inform the bar manager of the lengthy wait at the bar and see if we can get that fixed too. I hope to see you and your family back at the hotel soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Menai bridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

The room was very clean and the breakfast was really enjoyable, we had dinner in the grill restaurant on the first night where we did have to wait for quite some time but the food was worth the wait. We stayed for 2 nights eating in the grill both nights. The only let down was the kids entertainment there was supposed to be a teddy bears picnic which was held in a bedroom, this was most off putting so we did not attend. I would defiantly go back

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry you were let down by the kids entertainment but happy to see everything else made for an enjoyable time at the hotel. I am happy to see you would come back and our staff are waiting to welcome you.
Lisburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

we recently stayed at drayton manor as a treat for our four year old. We stayed in a thomas themed room which he loved. The room was lovely and it was clean, brilliantly done for kids! The staff at the desk were lovely and because we had a very early start due to travelling the hotel let us check in an hour before we were due to. The breakfast the next day was also thomas themed so we were taken into a seperate room which made it feel special, with a big screen showing thomas the tank dvd, i thought it was brilliant! The only bad point is phone reception/wifi...paying £242 for one night i feel that wifi should be readily available as it is nearly everywhere now.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am happy to see my reception staff were able to get you into your room before schedule after an early start. It is nice to see you enjoyed your character breakfast and I hope you get chance to experience it again in the near future. Thank you for your review.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

Loved this hotel were fab with the kids and had rooms for all our family close to each other. Lovely park and evening entertainment.

Only negative was the breakfast, (morning with Thomas was great) - ordinary breakfast was like an afterthought and didnt liek myt screaming toddler.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry the standard breakfast was not what you expected but I am happy to see your family were all allocated rooms in close proximity. Thank you for your review.
Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I stayed here for just one night ,with a 20% off and park tickets for the family ..
I'm used to staying in 4star and 5star hotels ...
Room service was perfect ,staff efficient and polite
No complaints at all ...
Ok it's not the Dorchester but for the money it's superb ..
Highly recommended for a family trip away ...

• Stayed August 2014
With our stay and play rates you can get some really good deals so I am glad you made the most of that opportunity. I will circulate your feedback to our staff who I am sure will be happy. Thank you for your comments.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

Hotel rooms nice, handy for the park & helpful bar staff. However a massive wait at breakfast time for simple things like mushrooms & fried eggs. Dissatisfaction expressed to be met with no apology & actually quite rude staff. Food ok once it was cooked but it meant that none of us got to eat breakfast together.

Stayed August 2014
I am extremely sorry you were met by rude staff and the food took a while to arrive. I will pass this feedback on to our restaurant manager for him to take up with his team. Otherwise I hope you enjoyed your stay and would consider us for a future visit. Thank you for taking time to review your stay.
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Just returned from this hotel with hubby and 2 children. Very disappointed!! On arrival, queue for check-in was ridiculous and the whole process very long winded which was the main problem. Have stayed in many hotels before and check in has never taken this long. I had even checked in on line prior to arrival ... Pointless!!! I had booked a family room with one double and a sofa bed for 2 children. The room actually had a double and a single camp bed, no sofa in sight. Returned to reception to inform them and was told I was wrong. After some insistence I was told 'maintenance' would come and look. 45 mins later no sign of anyone, had to go back to reception where i was told they're on the way. 20 mins later duty manager came and looked surprised and said didn't know how that bed had got there, should be a sofa bed, which she would sort out. We went out to play area with children and to our surprise came back to find another camp bed in room!! No sofa bed!! A camp bed with metal frame which my son really banged side of head and ear on and was very distraught!!! All of this is not good enough when you pay £186 for 1nights stay, you at least expect the room you've paid for!!! Add to this the chaotic breakfast scenario and whole thing a let down. We found all of the staff most miserable and quite rude!! We had in fact stayed at the Premier Inn in Stoke the 2 nights before and I have to say everything about it was excellent and even the children preferred it!!! Half the price aswell!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
I am sorry for the issues you experienced during your stay. Check-in is usually very good so I am disappointed to see this was not to standard and will be re-visiting this with my team. I am also unhappy to see our Duty Manager did not do more to resolve this when you were at the hotel. You have bought to our attention many areas to investigate in order for us to improve the service we offer so thank you for your feedback.

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!