“Best Breakfast ever!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Tamworth
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
“Best Breakfast ever!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed at the Drayton Manor Hotel after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and talking to a few mates who had already been there.

Hotel and staff were great. All you can eat Breakfast was superb. Would recommend to anyone with kids.

Room Tip: My only wine is that I should have had a room with two x double beds. As the sofa bed was like sleep...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gerry R, Guest Relations Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments in relation to your recent stay with us here at Drayton Manor Hotel.
I am delighted you had a good time and found our breakfast buffet was to your liking.
I have shared your comments with the team here at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Batley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Ok, just stayed here on March 31st after visiting Drayton Manor all day, the hotel was full of irish travellers and whilst i have nothing against them as people, i do take objection to be sat with my 2 young children next to a table with them swearing like sailors.

The hotel was very busy on check in, as expected as it was approx 5pm, the staff appear adjusted to dealing with the masses so there was no greeting, just a, what is your name, heres your room number, NEXT... No information given about restauratnts / facilities etc.

My work involves travel and i am usually in a different hotel every week, some good and some bad, this hotel is not cheap but offers little other than the theme to attract children. The food is average, don't expect fine dining and you won't be dissapointed. The room was really nice, bed comfortable, the sofa bed that my children used was very uncomfortable, more of a camp bed, they did not sleep well.

The location is really good, small car park at front of hotel, we had to park acroos the road but only a short stroll to reception.

Breakfast was not a pleasurable experience, reminded me of package holidays, you know, 300 people turn up at once and palce is in chaoe, we had to queue to be seated, then fight your way through buffet type self service, the food itself was below average as buffet is, stuff dehydrating under a hot lamp.

Next time, if i visited DMP, I'd stay in a better local hotel to get the service i expect after all, it's not cheap by its competitors standards and offers little in return.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from a two night stay at Drayton manor hotel. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves, the hotel is spotless and it's location in such close proximity to the park gate means that it is perfect for families with small children who tire easily. Our room was great, perfect size and decor lovely. The hotel facilities are well laid out and serving staff very friendly. The thomas tables with the train tracks in the restaurants are a god send to keep little ones occupied once they have bored of their food, so I would advise people to make sure they bring trains with them.
My only real gripe was a mix up with our bill on departure which was incorrect.
My feedback to Drayton manor would be that they need to invest in extra leisure facilities such as a pool or indoor play centre. The park doors open at 9.30 but the shops and attractions don't open until 10.30. Given that we had a character breakfast at 8am, there was little else to keep our son entertained and you find yourself waiting around. The park entrance itself from the hotel could also do with a sprucing up as it feels like you are walking through staff areas at certain points. That said, our little one loved Thomas land and so we will definitely visit the park again but will probably just drive there on the day to save the waiting around.

• Stayed March 2013
Thanks you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at Drayton Manor. I am delighted you had a good time and in particular you found the hotel clean and our team friendly. I hope to see you return in the near future.
Wrexham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on 27 March prior to visiting Thomas Land on 28 March.The hotel seemed to be more of a business type hotel rather than a leisure one.We ate dinner in the Parklands Restaurant which was quite expensive but very average service.We ordered wine which was just brought to us and plonked on the table.The food was ok but not much of it and barely warm.I was stunned when I went to use the shower to find 6 hairs in the bath, three of which were long, personal ones.Needless to say I didn't then fancy a shower and decided to wait until I got home. On checking out I told the Receptionist who barely looked at me but did say it was unacceptable, made a note of it and said that she would let housekeeping know. I expected a bit more concern than that!! Until now I have only ever written positive reviews on TA and had Drayton Manor Hotel dealt with my complaint in a more satisfactory manner I wouldn't be writing this and would have adopted a neutral stance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I apprecaite you taking the time to review your recent stay here with us at Drayton Manor Hotel.
Please accept my most sincere apologies that you left the hotel feeling disappointed. I have passed your comments on to both our housekeeping and reception teams to review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here after our visit to Drayton Manor Park on the 18th March and it was amazing. Great staff, lovely food, clean room (we stayed in room 329) it had a beautiful view from the window. We later went downstairs for our three course meal and it was so nice. We had a very attentive waitress and the Tiramisu was lovely and any place that has Merlot on the wine list is definitely getting my vote. I'll be back :)

• Stayed March 2013
Gerry R, Guest Relations Manager at Drayton Manor Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I am delighted you had such a great time whilst visiting Drayton Manor Hotel.
I have passd your positive comments on to the team here at the hotel. I hope to see you return in the near future.
Derbyshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed here one night on business with a group of 30 colleagues. On arrival myself and a colleague went to check in. Although there were two peiople on the check in desk my colleague was dealt with straigfht away, however, I was totally ignored by the other female on the computer at check in..........I was checked in by the very efficient lady who dealt withmy collegaue. Shame about being ignored, beacause it would have given the hotel five stars had she acknowledged I had existed. I was given room 001 on the ground floor. The was lovely, spacious, eceptionally clean and well decorated and the furnishings lovely. The bathroom was also very clean and well furnished with good quality fittings. Everything worked and the room was a pleasure. We a
had a groupmeal in one of the event rooms and that too was lovely. All the staff - withthe exception of the person who ignored me on reception - were wonderful, nothing was toomuch trouble. The bar area was clean and tidy. The breakfast was ecellent quality with plenty of choice. I felt overall the hotel went the extra mile to make customers enjoy their stay. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us here at Drayton Manor Hotel. I am extremely pleased you had a great time both in and around the hotel and also during the business meeting you were attending.
Please accept my apologies that you felt the service at reception could have been better. I have passed your comments to our Front Office Manager for review.
Chesham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed at Drayton Manor for a visit to Thomasland with my 3 year old. Stayed in a family room with my son and mum and was very happy with the room, very spacious, nice bathroom, fridge and tv. Housekeeping, reception and restaurant staff were all polite, friendly and helpful. We had dinner and breakfast both of which were great with a really good selection on kids menu.
The thomas theme in the hotel was brilliant and there are train sets in the restaurant for little ones to play with which is really handy but a small distraction from eating and did cause a few arguments!
Would definately recommend and will be going back-really my own complaint was the 3pm check in time (was able to leave bags and go into park) and then 10 am check out-was expecting it to be later.
Park is literally 1 minute walk from hotel and Tamworth train station just under 10 minutes and £8 cab ride.
Thomas gift shop in hotel.
We did a stay and play deal which included park tickets which was really good value and had the option of re entering on second day at half price (was not told this at time of booking for some reason which was important information)
Great outdoor area for kids at hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Drayton Manor Hotel.
I am delighted that you had a great time and found the team here to be friendly, welcoming and efficient and that our bedroom facilities met your expectations.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to Drayton Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!