This is a modern hotel which is clean, comfortable and functional rather than being characterful or elegant. Booking well in advance for a Thursday and Friday stay, the room rate was very reasonable and I cannot fault the facilities which are well up to scratch for this type of hotel.
The hotel is on the site of the Snowdome complex (the reason for our visit) and consequently could not have been more convenient for us.
We arrived after considerable rain in the area which had resulted in most of the carpark being flooded and unusable. We happened to get a safe parking slot so didn't move the car during the visit for fear of being unable to park on our return. I blame the freak "weather gods" for this rather than any failing of the hotel.
The hotel staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. We ordered take away meals on the two evening, these were delivered to the hotel and the hotel reception staff even provided us with plates and cutlery. The bar, although not hugely overstocked with a wide range of drinks, was more than adequate for our needs.
Breakfast was free and plentiful. The choice of cooked items was very limited (toast, scrambled egg, sausages and baked beans) and the quality was about that which you would expect from a supermarket cafe. There was a reasonable range of cereal's etc. and perfectly respectable tea, coffee and herbal teas on offer.
There is no hotel fitness centre or swimming pool but very good ones are available one minutes walk away in the Snowdome complex for a price. I paid £20 for a day's membership, which also could have included some classes or access to the spa if I had wanted it - not cheap but high quality and extensive facilities.
If we went back to the Snowdome for a pre-season warm up ski in the future, where would we stay? Here, without hesitation.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Tamworth Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Tamworth Hotel Tamworth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Tamworth is ideally situated for both business and leisure. With great transport links to the M6 and M42 - its very central and easy to get to. The Hotel has free high speed internet in all the bedrooms and reception areas. Parking for over 800 cars at a cost of £1.00 Per car upon exit, validated at Reception. Package deals with Snowdome, Drayton Manor and Twycross zoo are all available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Tamworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.