“Very impressed.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Stoke on Trent
“Very impressed.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Visited for Sunday lunch and it was lovely. £26 for 1 starter, 2 mains and 3 drinks. The carriages offer a nice relaxed atmosphere plus good service. I eat out very reguarly in this area and never see starters or desserts priced under £5, the spotgate had a selection of both priced at £2.60.

Why people are complaining about the prices I do not know?! Of course the Prices will rise, it's called inflation!! I couldn't believe how reasonable it was!

Nice food, nice atmosphere, perfect!

Visited April 2013

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We've been here before but not for several years, so we knew what to expect regarding the train carriages but not the food. The food and service were both excellent. The head waiter, who I assume is the owner, couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. The four of us had 3 courses each, the scallops were excellent. The steak, lamb and pie that we had for our mains were also delicious and very tender, with plenty of vegetables. And the desserts didn't let us down. All in all an excellend Sunday evening. The prices are a little higher than normal pub prices, but it's more like a restaurant and the quality is much higher. Can't wait to go back.

Staffordshire
“Dreadful food and don't bother with the train carriage gimmick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My goats cheese, beetroot and walnut salad had no beetroot and one walnut in, the main meals were disappointing and the train carriage sweaty, packed and made service very slow

Visited June 2012
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Wonderful evening, wonderful meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

A friend and I decided to go here on the spur of the moment, what a treat! The Pullman carriages are wonderfully presented and evoke a great atmosphere, that of grandeur, elegance and privacy. The staff were very attentive and ensured the evening was pleasant and all our needs met. This goes far beyond a gimmick; the food was wonderful, the atmosphere wonderful and the overall experience a happy memory. Hope to return soon. Be aware, that not open Mondays. Not cheap, but good value for money. Hope to return soon.

Staffordshire
“A reminder of the Orient Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife took me for a surprise meal on 12th April 2013, and it did not disappoint. Our table was in a private dining compartment at the rear of the Pub where two large train carriages from yesteryear have been seamlessly added. There are other areas of the train carriages that are more like a communal dining area. These are also very nice, but a top tip . . . if you want the private compartment, you have to ask for it at the time of booking.
The food was excellent. We had the combo to start which was a mixed platter of starters, like prawn, chicken, cheese and chip dippers with a selection of dips.
I had the Fillet Steak for main and it came with chips and vegetables. My wife had the Chilli. Both were of a high standard.
I can recommend the Speckled Hen Beer. It was 1st class.
Also we had a bottle of Malbec wine which was very good.
And all for under £65.
Can't fault it. I will be returning.