Well I haven't even left yet and am currently writing this review from a hot tub outside of my suite! A beautiful location with staff who genuinely look happy in their work! Our one night spa included a six course taster evening meal with five glasses of wine! Luckly it wasn't far back to the room!!
The only downside is no mobile phone signal, you do however have free wifi in your rooms but not anywhere else around the spa.
I opted for a hot stone massage which was lovely, just a shame I was first on the list at 9am, with breakfast finishing at 9.30 on a week day it meant a very early start (after a late night with 5 glasses of wine)!!! Breakfast is continental, with a good choice of cereals, bread, meat, cheese and fruit. It's such a quiet location I almost felt scared to talk through fear of disturbing other guests!
For the more sporty types there is a tennis court (you can borrow equipment) gym and a scenic walk, you can also hire bikes (free of charge).
I would certainly recommend Moddershall for anyone who wants to escape from the outside world!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moddershall Oaks (spa breaks).Each of our 10 luxury suites have under-floor heating, soft seating, en-suite bathrooms with Elemis products, LCD TV & full SKY HD, DVD player, iPod docking station, a private deck area & exclusive access to the outdoor hot tub. As a guest of Moddershall Oaks you are entitled to take advantage of all our facilities from when you check in at 3pm on the arrival day. Our facilities include... Spa area including swimming pool, sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy pool, heated tiled loungers,experience shower and reflexology footbaths. Lockers and changing rooms with complimentary use of Elemis products,robes & towels provided throughout your visit.For the more active, a gymnasium including Technogym Wellness System. Luxurious relaxation lounge with books and magazines... Or why not borrow our portable DVD player to watch a film? More than 70 acres of woodland and parkland to explore... Borrow wellies and an umbrella if it's raining. Woodside tennis court with complimentary use of tennis equipment. Complimentary use of bicycles and cycling equipment if you want to explore the local area. Beauty treatment suite for pampering & party exclusive use. Award-winning lakeside bar & restaurant. Moddershall Oaks are currently celebrating the launch of their fantastic new Spa facilities which opened in June 2014. The new facilities include a lovely reception and deli area for casual dining, snacks and cocktails. They have a beautiful new relaxation lounge with comfy seating areas, a cosy open fire place and floor to ceiling windows, overlooking the new outdoor space. The outdoor area includes a bespoke outdoor vitality pool, equipped with water jets and a hydro back bench and an outdoor Kelo pinewood Sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Moddershall Oaks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moddershall Oaks Hotel Stone
- Moddershall Oaks Stone, Staffordshire