“Meal on 18 April 2014” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
“Meal on 18 April 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I took my son for tacos for lunch on this date and we decided to have chimichangas instead. It was my sons first taste of mexican food and must say I was pleasently suprised with the food I had beef and my son had chicken chimichangas and it was little spicy but quite tasty and throughly enjoyable. Service was fab.

Would I eat mexican food here again, the answer yes. The place has got a lot disadvantages such as lack of parking and plus a large weatherspoons pub next door. But I hope and say I hope this David slays the Goliath and its pre weighted food next door.

My son wants to come again and I will happy to go. Keep it going and thank you

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rugeley, United Kingdom
“Great little Mexican cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great little Mexican cafe - lots of choice - menu a bit confusing if you don't know your mexican food but the American owner is more than willing to explain it all. Excellent value and a new experience.

Visited December 2013
Rugeley, United Kingdom
“We'd tried the evening menu so thought we'd go early for breakfast ... YUM!! Tastebud heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I'd driven past for months, wondering what it would be like. Finally went for an evening meal with a friend back in March ... started with Tostadas, amazing taste/flavour in the beef, followed by the special menu Quesadilla Burritto - absolutely delicious, huge portion sizes, delicious flavours, took some home for later! My friend enjoyed her ultimate nachos ... since then we've been back with others, sampling other tempting tastes from the menu; the children have loved it too. Finally got a group together to sample an early Sunday breaksfast ... again, the pancakes ... french toast ... streaky bacon .. maple syrup .. or English cooked breakfast ,.. freshly cooked and delicious with every mouthful. Every time we've been, we' ve experienced friendly service, our vast number of initial questions were patiently answered; it's great to finally have mexican food (or American/English) that is actually like eating the original!! If you've not been, you're missing a treat - and so fab having something offered that isn't Indian, Chinese, pizza or chips, not that there is anything wrong with them, but our tastebuds are enjoying a little something and we'll be going back for more!! Oh, and we've just learnt that if we wanted an alcoholic drink with evening meal, we can take our own.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Arriba!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I came here with my mom and partner whilst visiting here for the first time on Friday (28th March) and we will definitely be coming back!
I am a bit of a fussy eater so I had been worried that there would not be much I could eat, but I needn't have worried!
The menu is a cross between a Mexican and American diner and I love that they also have the "man vs food" style challenges - my partner is definitely coming back to attempt one of those!

The service was fantastic and the lady took the time explaining the menu choices to us and not rushing through our questions which is usually the case at restaurants.

There would have been a wait on the starter we ordered, as it was late in the evening we decided to cancel it and go straight for the main. The lady then brought us out a complimentary starter of nachos as an apology which we thought was such a lovely gesture, I don't think many restaurants would have done that!

I had one of the specials (the chicken stack) and it was gorgeous! The Ultimate Nachos is HUGE and my partner really enjoyed his big burrito from the specials menu.
We did not get to try the puddings as we were too full up afterwards, but I have my eye on the waffle sundae for another time and we would like to try the American-style breakfasts too at some point too.

Please note that they do not serve alcohol here but I have been informed that you are allowed to take your own to drink with the meal.

The price was also fantastic, we had big portions and with 2 drinks each the total for the 3 of us was still under £30 which was a very pleasant surprise!

We really enjoyed the food, the service was brilliant and will definitely be returning here again!

“Yum! Don't listen to lies...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

I think the people who leave vicious reviews have deliberately tried to harm the hard work that the owner has achieved. I have eaten here every week since I found this mexican treasure. The food is exactly how I order it, and never disappointed. My fussy husband even likes the food. The selection of desserts are very good.

• Visited March 2014