“Can't beat it!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
“Can't beat it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Me and my partner go to Castros quite often and can quite honestly say that we love it! Be it eating in (the last time valentines evening) or having a takeaway from the restaurant.

The service is good - staff friendly and courteous, the food - it's amazingly delicious with large portions (we struggle to get to pudding).

The chef is very good at catering to individual needs and nothing is too much trouble.

We have visited the restaurant as a couple, but we have also been in large groups too - the service is still as good when in a group as when it's just the two of you.

We will continue to visit Castros - no complaints whatsoever.

86% Recommend
Cheddleton, United Kingdom
“First Class Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I Love this restaurant!! I normally book in at Castro's for special occasion evenings, because to me, the whole experience of dining at Castro's is always special. Last night was my first visit to Castro's of 2013, and a great catch up evening with a girlfriend. The lounge area with its large comfy sofas and beautiful views onto the canal is a perfect place to sit and relax whilst choosing from the varied menus - having booked our table at 6pm last night we could choose from the early diners menu which is fantastic value for money, and are all dishes which are on the daily a la carte menu too. The restaurant itself has a cosy feel and is well laid out, again with lovely window seats next to the canal. All the staff at Castro's have only ever been first class in my experience, with superb personable skills and willing to go that "extra mile" for customers - if you want extra spice or chilli's it's a yes, if you prefer the beautiful latin potatoes rather than chips it's a yes - whenever possible they have always been a pleasure to be served by and make the experience very friendly.
Thank you for a lovely meal last night, my only disappointment is that I was so nicely full after my starter and main course that I couldn't fit in a delicious homemade cheesecake portion - their inventive flavours such as Maltesers, Smarties and Baileys are just Amazing!!!!! Next time.....

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Oasis in The Moorlands!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Having visited Castros many times including Tuesday night of this week I have to say excellent!!
Food, wine and hospitality 10 out out of 10. One of the things I particularly enjoy of Castros is there is no rush to get you away from your table like other establishments in the area. This only adds to the warm atmosphere I enjoy here hence it being an 'Oasis'. Take time out and enjoy this exceptional Latin experience. Don't forget to try the cheesecake!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Overall beautiful night of dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Cannot fault this restaurant, small though cosy place to dine. Demonstrates mouth watering food every time! The service is also very good, and staff are always extremely friendly and attentive to your needs. Highly recommended place to eat. Thank you for a wonderful evening.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cheddleton, United Kingdom
“Best restraunt in the area!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Castro's is always my first choice to eat locally. The food is definately the best in the area and very reasonably priced. The service is spot on, always welcoming and nothing is to much trouble. I highly recommend the cheesecake, its delicious!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere