“Excellent consistency is everything!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: West Midlands Best Restaurant- English Curry Awards 2013
Leek
“Excellent consistency is everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Simply the best "Indian" restaurant in town. The food is always consistantly excellent, choices exceptional and just ask if you want any dish explained and then 'tweaked' to your spice level.
Having used the Pabna for many years the latest plus point is availability for home delivery, and having broken my ankle in August it's really come into its own...even living 8 miles away it's only a couple of quid to get my favourite food delivered to my door. Keep up the good work lads!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Why do they do that?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We were the first couple in the restaurant the other evening and they sat us at a nice quite table in the corner. A couple and their child arrived shortly after and the staff showed them to the table right next to us. A third couple arrived as we were part-way through our meal and - yes, you've guessed - they were placed right next to us too!!! So, in the whole restaurant - which has several rooms and many tables - the three occupied tables were all next to each other. I know this is easier for the staff but it spoiled our evening - as we couldn't talk without being overheard and we had to put up with other people's domestics. Everything else was very good, but the waiter's excuse that "we could have sat wherever we wanted to" was no help (as we were the first there) and even though we now have the 25% discount card (which you can't use on the visit when you first get the card) we probably won't return. Shame, but I like the staff to think about the customer, not how far they have to walk.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Went here to get take away while on holiday in the area. Really friendly staff. My boyfriend said that his chicken korma was a bit bland ( but what do you expect from a korma!! ) but my chicken tikka bhuna was delicious as was the naan and onion bhaji. I would certainly go back. Boyfriend is not so sure but I'm writing the review and I would!!!!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pomeroy, United Kingdom
“Evening with Mum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Took my mother who is 85 and my sister here. I pulled up outside in order to allow my mother to have no distance to walk. The staff where out in a flash to assist. We had only main courses but great choice and value, service was excellent and the staff friendly. We had a great laugh and you could see that the staff where enjoying our evening as much as we did. Do try any of the dishes, the lamb that we had was superb.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Derbyshire
“Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

When you walk into the Pabna you are greeted by friendly staff and a restaurant that is well decorated and clean. As well as the downstairs seating area there is also a room upstairs that can be used for larger parties. The only criticism that I would make about the layout of the restaurant concerns the waiting area for take away meals. As you enter the restaurant there is an area to the right, which would be a far better place for people to wait so that they are not encroaching into the main restaurant area. Once seated there is an extensive menu to choose from. What I like about the menu is the fact that there are new and different dishes to try and not just your "run of the mill" Indian food. There is a temptation to try more dishes than you can eat. Beware - the portions are generous and the taste is to die for. The chefs are to be complimented on their skills in blending spices so well to produce the dishes they produce. There are over 20 starter dishes and 50 main dishes to choose from (we never got as far as the sweets) I have to say that this is probably the best Indian Restaurant I have dined in and needless to say we will return again, even though it involved a 30 mile round trip. Make sure that you ask for their loyalty card, which entitles you to receive 25% off your restaurant bill and 10% off your take away meals. Parking is available off the road opposite the restaurant. The restaurant should have its own web page as it has a lot to offer.

• Visited September 2012