Booked on a special offer deal from the website for February 2013, for myself and my mother, as a birthday treat for myself.
As a package in which we both chose a facial, massage and wrap each we decided we would 'give it a go' as we usually buy the day package and add treatments we want.
Impressed is not the word!
Having been numerous times in the past we saw it good, then go downhill and the merge of the two businesses took place which seemed to result in chaos!
However, as the most critical of folks and the first to complain, we were very impressed with our whole day.
We were greeted by happy helpful people and directed to breakfast when we got very lost my the most helpful handymen.
We always prebook a yummy breakfast to start us off and the was one of the best! Hot breakfast items, toast, fruit, yoghurt, cereal, pastries or requests accepted. Plus tea, coffee and juice. Staff were helpful and attentive.
We had lovely treatments, by lovely therapists and enjoyed the advice on products without the pressure to buy.
Lunch was the best EVER!, and in the past it has been terrible but well done Hoar Cross! it has improved beyond belief. Staff were if anything over attentive and couldn't do enough. The salad bar is less but now unfussy and so just as good and the hot puddings drying out under the light are gone, which is better.
Free tea and coffee is still available which when asked we were willingly directed to and is near the hotel checkin, sounds a long way but not really at all and is still the nice little touch that many spas lack now.
It seems much better now its all one business and everyone has equal access to everything, so much more organized!
Bad points! - but just a few!
The old therapy rooms at Eden spa end are now not used and the treatments take place in the hotel therapy rooms. Everyone gathers in the corridor by the therapy desk, causing chaos and blocking the corridor.
Therapy rooms don't seem soundproofed and i could hear the conversation in the next room whilst having my relaxing treatments, so not relaxing!
The music system needs replacing in the therapy area, at one point it was screeching out such a racket that the therapist turning it off before i asked!
For the wrap i was taken from the therapy area, up the stairs, past the shop, through the coffee shop, up more stairs and into a different room. If i wasn't fit, i would have needed n ambulance by the time i got to destination!
The old therapy rooms seemed so much nicer! Please return to those Hoar cross!
One of my mums treatments was 20mins late and personally we think they forgot us, but hope this is a one off!
When we booked we got confirmation of booking, but thats all! No confirmation of treatments, extras or a credit card receipt with the cost paid. This we found odd and when queried we got another basic confirmation sent out?????
We left happy, relaxed and desperate to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a beautifully restored Grade II listed building. We Combine the pleasures of staying in an elegant English Stately Home with the facilities of a modern luxury spa resort, you’ll be able to enjoy superb surroundings, fine dining and beautiful bedrooms suites and penthouses. Hidden away in 100 acres of English countryside, the spacious grounds have lakes and wildlife in abundance. Make use of the Tennis Courts, 9 Hole Par 3 Golf Course, Practice Area & Driving range with a PGA Professional. We offer a variety of mouth-watering dishes and a host of therapies to wash away the stresses of everyday life. Treat yourself to a coffee or a slice of cake in the Oasis Cafe. We pride ourselves on our outstanding hospitality, so relax and let our dedicated staff take care of you. Winner of England’s Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards for 7 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Hotel Hoar Cross
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Resort
- Cross Hall Hoar
- Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel Staffordshire