“Perfect Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel
Maker Lane, Hoar Cross DE13 8QS, England (Formerly Hoar Cross Hall Health Spa Resort)   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Hoar Cross
Cradley Heath, United Kingdom
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Having read the negative reviews my fiancee and I were a little apprehensive about booking our yearly treat to Hoar Cross but we are so pleased that we did because we have just returned from the most wonderfull 2 day stay, the best yet in the last 5 years. The staff were all attentive and could not do enough for you and the new food menu is a great improvement.
My only comments would be for HC to consider to following - 1. To have more treatment rooms available for couples as the existing one room was unavailable during our stay due to being refurbished. 2. The new robes are only available in one size and whilst this may cater for the majority of guests unfortunatly for myself at 6'3" tall they were far too short in the arms to the point where it was embarrasing.
We shall definately be visiting again soon, keep-up the good work HC!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hoar Cross Hall S, Guest Relations Manager at Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Mark_and_Pauline23

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We are about to take delivery of larger sized robes and these will be available on your next visit.

The Head Chef aims to change the menus on a monthly basis with an emphasis being put on using both local and seasonal produce.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next annual trip

907 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
stoke-on-trent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our visit should have been perfect mother and daughter day however the attitude of the reception staff spoilt what was supposed to be a relaxing day!
Before booking Hoar Cross Hall I had carried out lots of research and using past experiences of visiting many spas we thought we would try Hoar Cross Hall as it looked lovely and luxurious. I booked the luxury spa day package for my mum and myself in December 2012 over the phone. As we were both having two treatments I requested that they would be at the same time (a massage in the morning and a facial in the afternoon) so that we would be able to spend as much time together as possible, I was assured this would not be a problem and we would booked in for the treatments at the same time. We spent the next three months looking forward to the day only to be left disappointed. Finally the day of our visit arrived (1st March 2013). Upon arrival we join the queue at reception and booked in, there was complimentary orange or apple juice on arrival, however the glasses were not clean so decided to pass on this. We received our schedules for the day and noticed the treatments were not at the same time, there was a 1-hour gap between my facial and my mum’s facial. I went straight to reception where I was greeted with one of the most unhelpful people I have ever dealt with! I explained to the man that the treatments were not at the same time like I have requested, his reply was long the lines of- well you have to appreciate we have 120 day guests to accommodate therefore treatments together cannot be guaranteed - I then explained that I had specifically requested they were together otherwise I would have never booked the spa. I was then told to go the treatment reception myself and see if the could sort appointments so the treatments would be the same time, if not then i could cancel the treatments but there would be a charge! I tried explaining that I had made the booking three months before the visit day- to which I was told other people had booked way before that! I was deeply upset with this response, attitude and was spoken to in a very rude and patronising way- I hadn’t spent nearly £300 to be spoken to in that way!! Luckily the ladies on the treatment reception were extremely helpful and managed to rearrange the appointments so there were 15 minutes in-between the facials like the morning treatments. We managed to enjoy the rest of the day apart from there not been enough beds around the pools so we could have one next to each other and the pool area been more like 'water world' than a relaxing spa day. The room where we waited before our treatments was very cold and other guests were been called for their treatments just by their surname which I felt was quiet rude. On the upside the treatments were lovely and in the afternoon it seemed to become less busy and we were able to get two beds together. Unfortunately I will not be recommending Hoar Cross Hall to any friends or family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear BekkiBates

We apologies for the problems that you encountered during your visit.

Unfortunately we can never guarantee treatment times until arrival however we also try to ensure that groups all have their treatments at corresponding times whenever possible.

I can assure you that the member of staff mentioned has been spoken to regarding his attitude.

Customer Service is important to us and apologise for any disappointment

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Visited with my daughter on our annual visit, every year since 2000. Was apprehensive as we knew there were changes and always thought the hotel was perfect. Agree with the comments about lack of staff and maybe the resort will listen to this and resolve this. Tried to book more treatments but couldnt so more staff would bring in more revenue? Great food... though wait was long... lack of staff???.Maybe you could call it tired but it is a stately home and should expect it to be old looking????However was very pleased and left relaxed and spoilt. It is a really special place to visit. Makes us feel 1st class. Everything else excellent and will be returning next year.

Room Tip: Do try and book in the old hall as you get full benefit of the stately home experience
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear pbell454

Thank you for writing this review and for your kind comments.

We apologise that there was no additional treatment space available during your visit, however, we have just employed an additional 8 therapists in order to help cope with this demand.

The comment about long wait encountered in the restaurant has been passed on to our Food and Beverage Manager and has taken your comments on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Hoar Cross Hall is in a lovely setting, unlike other Spas we have visited. We always enjoy the added pleasure of staying overnight. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were excellent with lots of choice to suit everyone. All the staff were attentive and helpful and our treatments were blissful!!! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Gill M

Thank you for your positive feedback, it is always heart warming to receive such comments.

We are happy to hear that your enjoyed your stay and plan to return in the future.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hoarcross is a place close to my heart. Having visited many times in the past after visiting in Dec 2012, I was quite worried that some of the changes were not for the better, lots of the old staff had gone, the menu had been reduced, but to be fair, the menu was so large before, it took ages to decide what you wanted and there must have been so much waste!!! On the new menu, there is still a really Good choice, Steak, Fish,Pork, Chicken, Vegetarian, I tried a different meal each night and each dish was excellant, canopes were also a new and welcome edition.
I had a few more niggles but having laised with the HC, ALL of them were dealt with.
I have just returned from a 3 day stay with 4 friends and I can honestly say, it was the Best stay ever.
The staff, were all Professional and polite, new robes had been purchased, the classes, treatments and therapists were second to none, the food was scrummy, there are more choices of food and drink at the Oasis cafe, AND, the ambience of the whole place is just Magical, there is no place like it, I have tried several spas and HC beats all hands down. Where else could I order for breakfast, porridge with soya milk and honey!!! So, along with my friends, I shall be back and if you want to stay at a spa with a lovely room, Champagne bar, Salsa/Yoga/Tai Chi, Plates/Meditation/ Aqua splash classes, all in with your residential stay, 2 lovely pools, sauna's, Tukish, and a place to chill in the slumber room, well HC is the place.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms that have a hot tub on the balcony, well worth the extra few pounds if you'...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Debra W

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

It is wonderful to hear that such a loyal customer is still enjoying Hoar Cross Hall after all these years.

Thank you for highlighting all the new positive changes, customer service is very important to us, and we care very much about our loyal and new customers.

We are so glad to hear that you like our new robes and menu.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you think about what you could get for £300 a spa weekend with very average food is not worth it. I think what made the weekend worse for us was that I had a really bad allergic reaction to the mud wrap and although I was treated wonderfully by the staff, the follwing day when I mentioned it to the Spa manager (because my red rash still hadnt gone down) she was not even aware of the situation.
I still have a few rashed over my body and have since contacted Hoar Cross Hall with images with the hope that they will stop that treatment for the time being, I have not heard anything back!

My problems a side, the whole experience was very average. Food isnt great, changing rooms are much better for the day spa guests so I would suggest using those.

Room Tip: Dont bother paying extra for the Spa in your room, its not amazing and turns off at 11pm.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear From Londonto-

Thank you for your feedback.

We are very sorry to hear about your allergic reaction. I would like to assure you that this is still being investigated by our Spa Manager who will be in touch with you when she has her findings.

We apologise for any disappointment with the food. Our Chefs are very passionate about what they do and they take great pride in the dishes they create. They would have been more than happy to discuss any of the dishes with you at the time of your visit.

Travelers are raving about these Hoar Cross hotels

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Okay, so its the first time we had been to hoar cross hall spa (mother and daughter - ultimate spa day - birthday treat) so after reading the reviews, i was thinking of cancelling but at a cost of £400 it was a big gamble.. but im glad we did go for it! All of the amenities were excellent.. staff were friendly and we both enjoyed every moment! we arrived at 8:30 and left around 17:30, we definately got our monies worth.. I agree with 1 reoccuring problem - getting lost of where to go or where you should be? a little map would of made this review a 5* but if your like us, you shrug it off and go exploring! Enjoy!

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for writing this wonderful review.

We are currently creating and printing a map of the internal layout which will be issued to guests on arrival to both the Day Spa and the Hotel.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing you again soon

Kind Regards

Been to Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!