From the outside the place looks lovely. However, the more I saw the less impressed I was. The whole place is just dated. What should be a glorious old house has been made a bit naff. The whole place needs bringing up to date in line with other modern spas.
The day spa was the exception and was very nice, but the rest of the hotel seemed to have a gold mirror or fake chandelier or cherub put wherever there was a gap. This is fine when it looks original but they just looked fake to me.
As I note some other reviewers have pointed out, I also don't want it rammed down my throat about the story of the owner. The book on the bedside, the TV channel, the pictures of him everywhere. I completely admire what he has done but I don't want to be told about it everywhere I go.
Finally, is there really a need to have celebrity pictures everywhere. It's the sort of thing cheap restaurants do. The fact one of them was a Cliff Richard impersonator just made me laugh! Also they are all from the 80s and look faded. When you have a lovely oak panelled hall way leave it as it is, please don't cheapen it.
The place has bags of potential but needs some investment before I would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a beautifully restored Grade II listed building. We Combine the pleasures of staying in an elegant English Stately Home with the facilities of a modern luxury spa resort, you’ll be able to enjoy superb surroundings, fine dining and beautiful bedrooms suites and penthouses. Hidden away in 100 acres of English countryside, the spacious grounds have lakes and wildlife in abundance. Make use of the Tennis Courts, 9 Hole Par 3 Golf Course, Practice Area & Driving range with a PGA Professional. We offer a variety of mouth-watering dishes and a host of therapies to wash away the stresses of everyday life. Treat yourself to a coffee or a slice of cake in the Oasis Cafe. We pride ourselves on our outstanding hospitality, so relax and let our dedicated staff take care of you. Winner of England’s Leading Resort at the World Travel Awards for 7 consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Hotel Hoar Cross
- Hoar Cross Hall Health Resort
- Cross Hall Hoar
- Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel Staffordshire