“Quiet evening with good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Quiet evening with good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

The menu was a set one as it was Mother's Day I presumed but the items were a little different and very well presented. Very tasty. Service good.

Visited March 2014

Eccleshall, England, United Kingdom
“simply superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

The place is smart, modern, very well presented, excellent staff attitude, the guy who runs it has an eye for detail, the food is consistently superb, the menu is extensive, the wine list is very good, this place isn't cheap pub grub, but it is also not expensive overpriced disappointment, i would have no issues with recommending anyone to go their!

Visited March 2014
Stone
“Disappointing!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We called here as a family one lunch time, we had read the good reviews on tripadvisor and so thought we would give it a try, what a disappointment!! I did feel that the menu was rather limited; However we all decided to have the cod in batter I think this is where we went wrong, the chef had problems with the fish batter, it was soggy and the plate was full of grease, the chips were inedible and the mushy peas were very sparse! We were given the bill at the end of the meal; we were not even asked if we enjoyed the meal! I know the reviews I read said it was good food but I disagree or maybe they have a different chef, anyway I can honestly say we will not be returning as there are better restaurants around which are far superior.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Stafford
“Really Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went there with two girlfriends last week. I haven't been there for years and what a change. The place is completely changed, and for the better. The decor was beautiful, and the food and service was second to none. I would definately advise people to try it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
CARDIFF, WALES
“Excellent village pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We ate, as a family group of 7, on a Saturday evening recently. The downstairs restaurant was full so we were given a table in an upstairs room which was a little cool and lacking in atmosphere. However, this was more than compensated for by the welcoming and friendly staff who were all excellent.
A lengthy menu plus another quite long Specials list made me worry a little as to whether the kitchen could cope. Worries unjustified as all the meals, ranging from Risotto to Lamb Shank were perfectly cooked and served within a reasonable time. Good beer and wine lists at average prices. Overall a really good meal in a friendly and well managed pub, no hesitation in returning on another occasion.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere