“A bit of a "Tardis" experience but more cozy !” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Yoxall, United Kingdom
“A bit of a "Tardis" experience but more cozy !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Paid our first visit to this Cafe after recently moving to a nearby village. It is certainly much larger on the inside from the first impression you get. Staff where friendly and the surroundings quirky and comfortable. Only had drinks and its always good to get proper china tea cups and a tea pot you can get 3 cups out of! Which is different from its more famous neighbour in the marina that are not always happy to put extra hot water in the tea pot after you've had your 1 cup....... Cakes looked delicious but didn't try .

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Nice but very expensive!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have been several times both on my own and with my children.
I don't think I will go again, nice but over priced!
I also don't find the kids area that nice, the staff also have to keep walking through to a kitchen. Lots of new places opened locally a lot cheaper and just as nice.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Good for a treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Comfort food at it's best with gorgeous drinks available. i rotate my order between the tea served in a lovely teapot and cup and saucer, all vintage, hot chocolate and the raspberry lemonade. My friend has the vanilla latte (I think) and always craves it. I recommend the cheese on toast and the lovely fresh cakes, made by the owner, which are delicious. At the back a spacious room dedicated to families with toys and a dress up box, towards the front a cosy room for the adults filled with books and comfy benches which you could sit in all day. Outdoor seating is available. My only comment would be on how expensive it is, around £3-4 for a hot chocolate and almost £7 for a panini however, the atmosphere and friendly staff make up for this. Make the most of this hidden gem. Well worth a visit, I urge you to.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barton under
“Love, love, love Skinny Kitten !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

What a great place, looks small from the front but don't be fooled it has various rooms as you walk into the shop, all different decors! I must say the breakfast & the caramel latte I had was delicious-keep up the good work ladies :-)

Visited January 2014
“Skinny Kitten”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

My 11 yr old son and I visited Skinny Kitten one afternoon, we had been there several times before for coffee, hot chocolate and a cake.This particular afternoon the café was quite empty and we went to sit where we have sat before and the woman, who I had never met before came and said"oh you cant sit there no children allowed you will have to go to the back of the café or further round to a room at the front, rules are rules!". Well the back of the café did not appear comfortable and had childrens toys and high chairs dotted about, my son is nearly twelve and can be taken anywhere he is so well behaved and not at all the child she implied he was with her brusc "rules are rules" statement.. We moved to a room further away which was cold but had a better atmosphere than 'kiddy corner'.
We stayed for our overpriced coffee and cake, I didn't want to disappoint my son totally by leaving, The fare was OK but nothing to shout home about. I have since found out it has changed ownership since our last visit and that is why we will not be visiting here again in a hurry.

• Visited January 2014