“An absolute delight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent

Save Saved
You added Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent to your Saves list
Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Newborough Road | St George's Park National Football Centre, Burton upon Trent DE13 9PD, England   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 33%
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Burton upon Trent
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“An absolute delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Recently stayed at the Hilton for a relaxing weekend getaway. Right from the start we were blown away by the Hotel, the drive up to the hotel has the wow factor. The front of the hotel looks fantastic. We were met by helpful staff and the service was quick and warm. The room we had was great, lovely features and great space. The bathroom was modern, with the welcome addition of a bath and shower (modern taps, which do take some working out). Great entertainment package on the TV, ice machines and shoe cleaning also available in the corridors.

One of the most impressive features of the hotel was the restaurant. The food was a delight, we ate their three days and I found it difficult not to order to the same dishes as they were so delicious. I can recommend their steaks, they were cooked to perfection.

A clear sport and football theme to the venue as it is the training ground for the FA, and the facilities for that provision look world beating.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and I would very much like to return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Evelyn23146

Thank you so much for your review, we really do appreciate your feedback, we are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

We would like to thank you for your kind comments in particular regarding the Restaurant, which we will share with Chef.

It’s always great to hear that our team were prompt and professional and helped to make your stay a memorable one.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton at St George’s Park very soon.

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and it was great (except for the weather which has nothing to do with the hotel!!!) There was lots of parking and signs pointed us in the right direction. The hotel is very security conscious our room key activated the lift and we also needed to use it to get into the the executive rooms corridor. The room we stayed in was brilliant, bed was very comfortable, there was a full bath and walk-in shower and a speaker control in the bathroom so that you could listen to the TV. There was also wired & Wi-fi access and a iHome clock which I could put my iPhone on. The staff were brilliant especially Michelle & Claire on the Executive Floor, they both took time to chat to us each time we saw them. The Executive Lounge lived up to it's name. The food, drink and service were excellent. We don't eat meat and Michelle & Claire ensured there were fish and vegetarian options available for us. The menu in the restaurant was also great. There were a few fish and vegetarian options. We had the grilled salmon and a white fish that I can't remember the name of. We shared our meals between us and they were both great, the portions were just right. Breakfast was the usual Hilton buffet so you could build your own meal and have seconds if you can fit it in. On our first morning there was an impromptu song from a guest & his guitar (x factor contestant), this was a great start to the morning. The gym & spa were also well kitted out and the staff there were also very friendly. The hotel is in a very central location for sight seeing. Overall, our stay was excellent!! We'll be going back in the spring/summer to stay there so that we can hopefully do some more sight seeing as some of our plans were rained out. Great venue, service & food! Can't ask for more than that.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Tiny2golly

Fantastic review, thank you so much we really do appreciate it, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Particular thanks for your kind comments regarding our team, who made your stay extra special.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton at St George’s Park next year, let’s hope the weather is better for you.
Shirehall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Difficult to park in correct car park. Sign posting non existent. Everyone ends up stuck in staff car park first the first time. (Believe they are working o. This is generally a lovely hotel, smart, clean, modern, airy. Decor good. Bedrooms and en suite excellent but no table with mirror and seat for ladies wishing to blow dry hair or apply make up. Must of been a man who designed it, though there is a wall mirror and of course mirrors in the bathroom. Beware, everything on the tray in the room, you pay for, Mars Bars £3.60, small bottle of water over £3 etc. Food was okay but nothing special at all, expected better.

Room Tip: Room 156is areal trek. If you can't walk far suggest when booking you ask for a room near recep...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Joyce

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton, St George’s Park.

Guests’ feedback is very important to us and we do appreciate your valid points, as it helps towards improving our guests’ time with us.

I can confirm that we are taking steps to ensure we have clearer car park signs in place.

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We attended a small function for my Grandads 90th birthday.

The venue was lovely and the staff were very helpful and attentive to our needs. However the food was a let down, our main course of chicken was very dry and only slightly warm and the vegetables were almost cold. We had ordered two children's meals, this again consisted of dry and tepid chicken with mash potato which tasted very similar to SMASH. Most of the food seemed pre-cooked then reheated and had waited far too long before being served.

For such a beautiful venue it was such a shame that the food was such a disappointment. There was only 50 guests at the function so I would be concerned about the quality of food when catering for larger functions.

However on a positive note, I had spoken to some of the guests that were staying for the night and they advised that their rooms were lovely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear Claire

I am really disappointed to learn of this, I would envisage that you organised the event, therefore we will contact you directly.
Northwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we were going to a wedding in nearby Uttoxeter. From the moment we arrived the staff went out of their way to help. We were in a rush to get to the wedding and as we needed to check in early they managed to upgrade us to a Junior Suite which was fantastic. The room was bright and airy and immaculate and had all of the necessary mod-cons, wireless etc. The hotel itself was also immaculate and we particulary liked all of the football memorabilia / photos - and I am not even a football fan. I would also like to comment on the staff who were extremely helpful, we needed to book taxis to and from the wedding which they sorted for us, a nice touch was that the next morning they asked us about the wedding etc, which I always think is a sign of attentive staff.
We used the swimming pool too which was lovely and the breakfast was also excellent. There was a very wide choice, everything you could think of and I would highly recommend the cooked breakfast.
Overall a fantastic stay and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Fiona G

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Hilton, St George’s Park.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments with regards to our team, it is really important to us that our guests’ enjoy their stay and it’s great to know that our team were attentive and helped make your stay a memorable one.

We hope to welcome you back soon.
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

A little off the beaten track especially in the pitch black, but on arrival at the hotel entrance it's almost an oasis & a welcome site. A very long drive, car park at the rear with very few spaces close to the hotel entrance........pity anyone staying if it's raining !

Was checked in fairly swiftly although they did have to go and trace my booking in their back office. I was allocated a room on the 1st floor, all floors have access doors whereby you must your room key to gain entrance which is a nice safety feature. You can see how vast the hotel is from outside but believe you me nothing prepares you for the absolute hike along the corridor if your unfortunate enough to be given a room at the opposite end to reception!Given I was a lone female traveller with several bags, case, laptop bag, business bag and suit carrier I wasn't offered any help at reception with my luggage & they gave me a room one door before the absolute end to the hotel 1st floor............seriously annoying.

Room was large, with obviously brand new furniture and fittings as it's only been open 11 weeks. The bed was enormous, although not a very comfy mattress as I later discovered. I had a floor to ceiling window one of which had a lock fitted with a half opening window unfortunately as is often the case the window was locked and no key available therefore if you like a little fresh air as oppose to the air con system then your out of luck. Plenty of lighting in the room along with a narrow desk, great TV, fridge filled with the ever expensive drinks and snacks. Disappointed at the tea tray, nothing special just standard tea and coffee, milk jiggers, no biscuits. Thankfully internet access if free and the access code given on check in, much appreciated given how many hotels totally rip guests off for WiFi.

I ordered from the room service menu, I was warned at point of order that there was a 30 minute wait and bang on time it arrived. Delicious Club sandwich and fries, again though no thought given to any condiments other than salt & pepper.........why no vinegar & sauces as standard ? My food would be cold by the time I ordered it and it arrived so went without..........sort it out Hilton as a standard please.

Bathroom was lovely, speakers in the ceiling so you could bath and still listen to the TV/Radio. A separate bath and a shower cubicle (small but perfectly formed) nice but small and adequate toiletries. Plenty of towels available.

I didn't partake in breakfast so can't comment, I begrudge paying in excess of £14 for cereal & toast !

Check out was very disappointing, the receptionist moved me twice from one terminal to another without apology, despite watching me lug my luggage from place to place. I found her to be extremely rude and "off" Given reception are the first face of a hotel then this young woman needs some serious attention on customer service, her attitude stank and I could almost feel the vibe from her that she just wanted to be rid and move on back to her chat with her colleague............I was made to feel guilty for interrupting her !

All in all if the price was right I'd stay again if in the area, I'd request a room close to the lifts though unless you want the hike I had. If your an England fan then I'm sure this place would attract you given it's the FA headquarters now and England training ground.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Miss_Chief1

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Hilton, St George’s Park.

Feedback is very important to us and we do take all our guests needs very seriously, this allows us to help towards improving our guests’ time with us and also to help with any training needs.

Again thank you for your important feedback and we do hope that you will visit us again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Here for a business conference staying for two nights. I couldn't fault the place in any regard.

As it is new the facilities were immaculate. Staff was all very helpful and the food was served swiftly and was excellent.

Conference facilities were excellent with rooms comprehensively equipped with the latest state of the art equipment.

The FA Centre is worth a tour even if you have no interest in football.

Overall an excellent venue.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Talisker1987

Thank you so much for your review, we really do appreciate your feedback.

It’s great to hear that our team were helpful and professional and that your requirements dealt with efficiently.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back to the Hilton, St George’s Park very soon.

Been to Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent? Share your experiences!