“Shining example of hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge

Save Saved
You added The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge to your Saves list
The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge
One Bridge Street, Burton upon Trent DE14 1SY, England (Formerly Queens Hotel)   |
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Burton upon Trent
Sheffield
“Shining example of hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I was at the Three Queen's for a reunion of my former Air Force comrades and their spouses, From the first contact with the hotel they were extremely helpful and knowledgeable in organising our gathering, true professionals but with a relaxed friendly aspect that allowed me to relax, knowing everything would be covered. The rooms were a good size, clean and comfortable with a choice to suit all budgets. Personal touches such as being led to your room, a morning cup of tea brought to you if required even though there were tea making facilities were a nice touch. We had the use of the reception room for our formal dinner. This was a good sized room on two levels for our party of 34. More than big enough that we were not crowded, yet small enough to offer us the intimacy we required as old friends. The hotel offered a wide choice of dishes and formed a menu for us that offered variety to cover all tastes. the food was well cooked, tasty and plentiful enough for such an occasion, leaving us sated not stuffed for the rest of the evenings socialising. The bar area saw a good deal of us, the room being again of a size to accommodate us comfortably. The bar stocked a small selection of beers and largers as well as the usual wines and spirits, I heard no complaints on the quality of the drinks, well kept and served. Breakfast is served over a time scale to suit almost all who might stay. The choice and quality of the food was again superb helping to recharge the batteries for the day ahead. To sum up then, I highly recommend the Three Queen's hotel and its staff for formal gatherings or just a solo stay, all are afforded the same high standard of SERVICE.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Three Queen's Hotel is clean, comfortable and good value. Plenty of friendly staff offering the little extras that are rarely found ... being shown to your room, complimentary morning coffee, tea or freshly squeezed orange juice delivered to your room and fully served breakfast - no juggling cereals and juice at the buffet table! Visited for a reunion weekend and we were really we'll looked after!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I found this hotel about 10 years ago during my business trips to the Burton area. I was reintroduced to Three Queens again about four months ago and have spent considerable amount of time in this lovely little gem.

What i love about this place:
For me, it always starts with the people. The entire staff of this hotel is kind, polite and happy to help. You will still experience a personal "check in" process with questions such as "would you like tea or coffee brought to your room in the morning" - WHAT? or "we would be happy to iron your shirt overnight or wash your car while you are staying with us" - NO WAY! I was surprised by a lovely pink flower on my bed during my last stay there. Not to mention very good mint chocolates on the pillow.

The morning brakfast service is terrific and again, the staff is fast, friendly and the food is always made from scratch - nice and hot! There is also a very nice pub and a restaurant on the properly and I've had nothing but good quality food there - rack of lamb, home made soups, fresh salads - it's all good. My only plea to the chef - please do not overcook those vegerables - there is nothing more dissapointing than a nice meal along side of mushy carrots or parsnip.

The hotel is withing walking distance to the town center, where you can find all kinds of attractions, including a very old brewery - Burton is known as the world capital of beer! and a shopping center for those who need a fix...

The decor is a bit dated, but the place is very clean and charming. All of the bathrooms have been updated with proper fixtures and most of them have both tub and a shower. The Elizabeth Suite is a very cool room and worth asking for once in a while. My only pet peeve is the number of fire doors one has to go through to arrive at a room... I think I counted a total of 7 on my last stay. This drives me nuts and I don't think I will ever get used to it.

I have made this place my home away from home and always happy to return.

Room Tip: Elizabeth Suite and I also like rooms 37-39
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Crawley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Had a two night stay at the end of March and I must say this is a lovely hotel. The staff are all very nice and friendly and the room was spacious and very clean. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the food and service were both first class, would have eaten there again the next night but I had a cold and wasn't hungry. There are lots of nice touches with this hotel which make it special. It is also close to the town centre and a short walk to Burton Albion Football ground. Definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We walked into the lovely reception area and thought "this looks good" and then the receptionist said you're in the budget section. I lowered my my expectations only to find that the accommodation was EXCELLENT. We had a spacious bedroom, very clean. I always take slippers to hotels as I cannot bear to walk on the carpets as they are usually so dirty, but the carpet felt so new and clean I found myself walking around barefoot. The bathroom was also spotless.

All the staff were so helpful. We were a large party with several young children. The food was delicious. The breakfast staff catered for all the whims and wishes of everyone with a cheerful manner.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just back from another terrific weekend at the Three Queens. We normally stop in the main hotel, but this time stayed in the Lodge - slightly cheaper, but still the same great quality.

We travel down to Burton fairly regularly as we have family down there, and always stay at the Queens. The rooms are terrific - the ones in the main hotel are very characterful :) The service is always first rate and the food is terrific- the cooked breakfast is definitely to be recommended! Walking distance to the town center, and bang opposite the Burton Bridge Brewery Tap, if you are visiting the brewing capital of Britain I can heartily recommend this hotel

As I have said, the food in the hotel is excellent, but if you fancy something different, the Italian across the road (Pinocchio's) is to be recommended, and there are several really good Indian and Chinese restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with work and was pleasantly surprised. The staff were polite and friendly and the breakfast service is personal - nice touch! The room I stayed in was smallish but I didnt expect anything bigger. The decor was a bit dated but that didnt detract from my stay. I was away early each morning so missed the free car wash! Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Three Queens Hotel and Lodge? Share your experiences!