For directions use street name not postcode for some reason SATNAV could not locate postcode.Nice looking hotel with functional check in linked to bar , lounge area ,breakfast area and lift to rooms.Staff were pleasant and very efficient and offered choice of free newspaper for morning if required and informed us of breakfast times.On reaching room it was nice and warm as a key was also in room slot for light and heating .Breakfast on morning was all of a good quality but on second morning some items such as muffins were all gone as mummys little darlings were taking 3 at a time ! and we were informed that even though there was 1 hour to go there would be no further replenishment. Maybe Parents of small children need to exercise some control.Also noticed the entry doors to Hotel were often left open so whole area at Reception felt really cold at times .Overall a very pleasant stay and would recommend for a visit as nice area of the Midlands.We were attending Uttoxeter Racing which was an absolutely fantastic day all round and was only a short 20 mile drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Burton-upon-Trent is situated on the A38, just south of Derby and the A50 spine road. Located in Centrum 100 business park, we are easily accessible from all major destinations. Surrounding cities include Derby, Nottingham, Stoke-on-Trent & Birmingham for the NEC.Alton Towers, Donnington Park Race Curcuit, Uttoxeter Racecourse, Drayton Manor Park & Zoo, Historic Lichfield and The Potteries are all only a maximum 30 minute drive away. As one of the closest hotels, we offer great value accommodation for families.In the heart of Burton lies the Coors (Bass) Brewery. As it is only minutes away, you can visit the UK's premier brewing Museum, which traces its local history dating back as far as 1850. There are plenty of places to stop off along the way to sample some of the local brew!Being at the gateway to the National Peak District, the hotel is an ideal starting point to enjoy walking in the Peaks or visiting one of the many underground caverns such as the Blue John Mines and Speedwell Cavern. Whether your stay in Burton-upon-Trent is to see family & friends, visit local attractions or business, the Express By Holiday Inn can provide you with quality accommodations to suit your needs and your budget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Burton-Upon-Trent Hotel Burton Upon Trent
- Holiday Inn Burton Upon Trent
- Burton Upon Trent Holiday Inn