“ticks all the boxes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2nd Ave | Centrum 100 Business Park, Burton upon Trent DE14 2WF, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Burton upon Trent
Bristol, United Kingdom
“ticks all the boxes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

For directions use street name not postcode for some reason SATNAV could not locate postcode.Nice looking hotel with functional check in linked to bar , lounge area ,breakfast area and lift to rooms.Staff were pleasant and very efficient and offered choice of free newspaper for morning if required and informed us of breakfast times.On reaching room it was nice and warm as a key was also in room slot for light and heating .Breakfast on morning was all of a good quality but on second morning some items such as muffins were all gone as mummys little darlings were taking 3 at a time ! and we were informed that even though there was 1 hour to go there would be no further replenishment. Maybe Parents of small children need to exercise some control.Also noticed the entry doors to Hotel were often left open so whole area at Reception felt really cold at times .Overall a very pleasant stay and would recommend for a visit as nice area of the Midlands.We were attending Uttoxeter Racing which was an absolutely fantastic day all round and was only a short 20 mile drive.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
hickorycleek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear mitchell49,

I was pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us in November. We have since you stayed with us invested in a new heating system in the public areas which has vastly improved the comfort for guests.

Once again many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Area General Manager

140 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed here during a business trip. Clean, spacious rooms with all basic facilities. The hotel is at a convenient distance from eating places (flaming grill pub and McD's) and a grocery store. The breakfast buffet was well laid out, and the staff was professional and courteous.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
hickorycleek, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear samid10,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.I am delighted that you were happy with your stay and found the staff to be helpful and courteous.

We do hope that you will stay with again on your next visit to the area. Once again many thanks for the feedback and i hope to be able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent in the not too distant future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Just checked out this morning and had an absolutly lovely stay! From making a reservation over the phone I knew I was goin to a good place. Very quick and efficant the staff really know what they are doing. I was checked in by Stephanie, she provided me with a quick check in and enough information I didn't need to ask any questions.
Room was lovely and the bed was really comfortable!
I had an evening meal and it was just ok! My 2nd night I went over to mcdonalds, there is also a morrisons and 3 pubs close by for meals.
I was checked out by Sarah who is lovely both staff were lovely! Thankyou for a lovely stay I was very impressed with your customer service!

Breakfast is very nice lovely bread to toast lots to choose from and amazing hot chocolate!

Will deffo return to this hotel next time I'm in the area!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Georgiestar,

I would like to thank you for the positive feedback in your review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had an excellant stay with us and were happy with the service provided.

I have fed back your very complimentary comments to both Sarah & Stephanie who were thrilled to have been recognised.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent in the not too distant future.

Many thanks again.

Newark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Eleven of us stayed here during a long-distance cycling trip and they were brilliant - storing the bikes overnight in their meeting room. All the staff were great, but the young lady on reception was exceptional and very helpful .... good staff make a good hotel and she epitomised the right standard. The rooms were clean, comfortable and with arguably the best spec of any budget hotel, the usual DIY breakfast was ample and with a good selection. My only criticism was beyond their control .... the local oiks parked up in the car park of the adjacent Corner House pub in the small hours and made alot of noise.

Room Tip: Not facing the Corner House pub car park
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear DrDarwin,

I was delighted to read from your review that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently. I was particularly pleased to read that our staff were very helpful in looking after your party and stored the bikes securely for you.

I have fed back your comments to the team who do enjoy receiving feedback from our guests. I do hope that the noise from the locals does not deter you from visiting us again. Thankfully issues such as you experienced are rare.

Once again many thanks for the feedback and i look forward to welcoming you and your party back to the Holiday Inn Express Burton upon Trent in the not too distant future.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We paid a very cheap price for this hotel so never know what to expect but it's perfect for the price range. It's very near the motorway so a little noise from traffic but the rooms are clean, staff friendly, shower works and bed comfy! Can't ask for much more given it's a real budget job!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cmaxi84,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel following your stay with us in September. I was pleased to read that the hotel met all your expectations.

I was delighted that you found the rooms to be clean, staff friendly, shower works and bed comfy!

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Many Thanks

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Picked this hotel for it's location on the A38, although I was a bit apprehensive that the location on a business park can be a bit sterile. However it is in an area with a variety of pub/restuarants (and the inevitable McD's) so there are options to eat away from the hotel. Cannot fault the room, it is modern, they have a formula and it works. Staff are professional, courteous and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear DML31,

I was delighted to read from your review that you enjoyed your stay with us in August. Whilst we are located in the Centrum 100 business park we are only minutes away from the town centre or the Staffordshire countryside.

I was very pleased to read your comments about our staff and have passed them on to the team who do appreciate feedback.

Once again many thanks for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights this week with my partner and teenage daughter attending a family event. The hotel has ample free parking, a spacious lobby, lift to rooms and a 24 hour reception. We had a double bed and made-up sofabed for the teenager for £64/night including breakfast. The room also had a large shower cubicle, dressing table, mirror, tea and coffee stuff, TV, hairdryer, hanging space - I saw ironing boards about so know they're available.
Ive not stayed in a Holiday Inn Express before (usually Premier Inn) but gave this a try as it was such good value including breakfast. Was extremely pleased and will stay here first choice on all future visits if the room rate in maintained.
The highlight was probably breakfast which was lovely - serve yourself toast, hot drinks, juice, fruit, yoghurt,cheese,cereals - wonderful. On Day 2 my partner left for work at 5am and the lovely night porter grabbed him some pastries to much for breakfast ... 5 stars for him!!
The only downside was the comfort of the beds - a little soft for my own preference and the bed wobbled if one of us turned over so felt a bit seasick! I have no idea if this was a design feature or wear and tear.
But all in all I was pleased and will stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear CathGirl,

I was delighted to read that your stay with us and indeed your first experience of the Holiday Inn Express brand was a positive one. We do value your feedback and it is always a boost for the team to recieve such nice comments.

I am delighted you enjoyed our breakfast. The Holiday Inn Express breakfast is always free to our guests. I am sorry the comfort of the bed was not to your liking. I would be grateful if you could let me know which room you stayed in so that I can get maintenance to check the bed is not faulty. My email address is davidp@exhiburton.co.uk.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I lok forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

David Parrett

Been to Holiday Inn Express Burton-upon-Trent? Share your experiences!