“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Marianna Frusciante, and her partner Paul Cookson, became the new proprietors of Pinocchio’s Italian Restaurant in 2005.This was somewhat of a homecoming, as Marianna’s father Antonio, had first opened and ran the restaurant for three years in the 1980’s. It was then known as 'Torino’s, in the former Bargates Shopping centre.Now pinocchios is serving up home cooked Italian food in friendly relaxed surroundings.
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

First visit to Pinocchio's yesterday but definitely won't be the last, was recommended to have the fillet steak by a friend of mine and I must say it was absolutely magnificent! My partner went for the set menu at £13.50 and I of course sampled each of the 3 courses that she had and this too was all superb!
Recommend this place to anyone that enjoys honest, wholesome and fabulous tasting food!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Excellent food 5 stars. Service 4 stars”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

First of all I would recommend this place for the food. It is simply excellent and all of our party of 8 felt exactly the same . I had the chilly deepe fried beef strips and the meat was cooked to perfection. Prices are reasonable as well.. Worked out at £23 each for 3 courses. Only downside is the service. Waited 15 minutes for a pint at th bar ( the waitress forgot us) and then another 10 minute wait for drinks at the table after ordering them from one of thecwaiting staff, Plus we had to ask to order both our main course and desserts. I would advise the restaurant to employ one more staff member On a Saturday night just to make the experience 5 star plus, Only a minor comment though.... Overall I would recommend anyboby to Book here and have a meal it's excellent !!!

Visited June 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Great food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

After ringing up and booking with our group on reference (we were asked to quote these on the call) we arrived at the restuarant excited to try it out. We were given the standard menu where we assumed we had to pick the relevant menu options that were valid on the groupon offer. We decided to go for an alternative starter and pay a surcharge as this was mentioned on the voucher and specials board. Nobody at any stage asked us about the groupon again so we assumed it was like other group on deals and was OK. The food was really good and we really enjoyed the meal. However when we asked for our bill we received the full amount excluding the voucher. When I went to query it, I was greeted with what can only be described as anamosity towards the group on deal. The bill was reluctantly ammeded. This will be the last time I will use group on as I have seen this treatment before.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marianna1525, Owner at Pinocchio's, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear russ,

You said you quoted the groupon reference at the time of booking however its our policy at pinocchios that we don't take the reference at the time of booking all that we ask is that you bring a copy of the voucher with you either printed off or on your mobile phone. There has been a few exceptions to this but these individual bookings have been so rare that I can remember each case. When you arrived it was not shown in the diary that you were part of the groupon deal, so we gave you our A La Carte menu and our 3xcourse set menu. The meals included in the groupon are specified on the voucher and yes it does state that there are supplements on some dishes. There are no supplements on our A La Carte or set menu, I find it unusual that you didnt ask at this point about the supplements, for example; where are they? and how much are they? I'm very sorry if you thought I showed animosity, I have to say this is totally not the case. Animosity means that I showed bitterness and hostility!! I would never be like this towards anybody, anything or the groupon deal. I was just confused as you said you gave the reference over the phone and we don't take the reference numbers at the time of booking's. After I explained this to you and apologised for the confusion I amended the bill. I took the starters off the bill, a garlic bread off the bill and two pasta dishes Off the bill. I think this is good customer service, as always. I think it was just a simple mistake and there was confusion on both parties.
It's great that you enjoyed the food, and I hope this minor confusion won't stop you from dining with us again. Hope to see you in the future

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Excellent time and time again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Ive been going to Pinocchio's for years now and have never had a bad or average meal, the service is brilliant and staff always make you feel welcome. The food is always amazing in quality and quantity. Having been for birthdays and other special occasions id recommend a visit to anyone and until i moved to burton my family and i used to travel from Aldridge near Walsall for a meal.

The menu is always good and the 3 course deal they do is brilliant for the money and could not be better. I have eaten off the normal menu and again food was brilliant but in all honesty theres no need for this menu!

Please book if you can as if you dont you may well be dissapointed!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Amazing is the only word i can use to describe this restaurant. When i went there was 16 of us and we were served very quickly for such a big group. Wouldnt normally choose italian but i cant wait to go back, for £13.50 it was an absolute bargain! We chose against having desert because we were all so stuffed! Cant wait to go back :)

• Visited April 2013