“Gets better every visit” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: post code DE14 1HA phone no- 01283 536099
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“Gets better every visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

We dine at Favourite Thai at least once a month. The food and service are the best around. Been to Thailand many times and have eaten at many great resturants yet the food here is just as good as them.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Love the food the service is brilliant my second time to the favorite thai last nyt & I'm defently goin again!! We had a table of 8 and we didn't have 1 bad comment it was lovely!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“A superb meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Having heard very good reports of Favourite Thai, we decided to give it a try on a Saturday night. Formerly the Little Venice restaurant, it has prime position on the edge of the market square. Inside the restaurant is spacious, with a variety of different sized tables and aspects. We had the window seat, which made an interesting aside to the meal, watching the world go by in a deserted market. The rest of the restaurant was tastefully decorated, with a well-stocked bar and an ornamental waterfall!

Menu wise, very comprehensive, with useful heat ratings, to give you an idea of the spiciness of the dishes. There were several set meals too, A-C (increasing price and minimum person quota), a vegetarian set meal and a banquet meal, which was £28 a head. Our set meal B was £18 a head, with a mixed Thai platter to start – spring rolls, sesame toast, prawns etc. All very light tasting, with a variety of dips, including sweet chilli and satay. The accompanying carrot, cucumber, tomato and chilli seed salad was very spicy!

Mains wise, three dishes, a red Thai beef curry, chicken with chilli and assorted vegetables, and a mixed vegetable dish, that was arguably the best of the lot. Accompanied by Thai rice, each of the dishes was flavoursome, without being dominated by a single flavour, a superb meal, and generous portions too.

A nice variety of Thai desserts, the warm green pancake with coconut meat, and vanilla ice cream was a real triumph, one of the best desserts I’ve had for a long time. A brilliant meal, Favourite Thai is well worthy of its star rating. The staff were great too, helpful and friendly, without being intrusive. We will definitely return!

• Visited April 2012
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Definitely our favourite!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We've been fans of Chairat, the owner for quite a few years when he was a Manager in the Chesterfield area. We always get a happy and friendly welcome. Now with a superb chef and a delicious extensive menu. Our own favourites are: Starters of Hoi Obb (steamed mussels with lemongrass) and the vegetarian Phak Tord (crispy battered vegetables). For the Main: Gaeng Massaman (Beef Potato & Peanut curry) and Gaeng Ga-Re (Duck in a yellow curry) both with Thai rice and the Vegetarian noodles. We would have normally opted for the special sticky rice pudding but on this occasion were sadly too full! It's wise to book at weekends. It was well worth making a special trip for and we'll certainly be back! People of Burton you don't know how lucky you are to have this fabulous restaurant!!

• Visited March 2012
Derbyshire
“Fantastic food and amazing attention to detail”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I visited this restaurant with a friend about 6 weeks ago and enjoyed my meal so much that I returned with my husband and parents this evening. On my last visit I had a vegetarian meal that had battered mushrooms, due to me watching my weight I left the batter to one side. I had the same veggie dish tonight and without asking the owner brought over my meal and he had asked the kitchen not to batter my mushrooms! He remembered me from weeks ago, As me and my husband are vegetarian he also brought over a basket of crisps for us to enjoy whilst my parents tucked into their prawn crackers. A great meal and a lovely host who gives you a very warm welcome and can't do enough for you.

• Visited April 2012