“Always good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Always good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Love beat the clock be a little better if was longer length of time and if menu up dated regularly. Clean always

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
“be careful with the bill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

visited recently food was ok service really good the only real issue I had with the place was I requested the bill which I paid in cash leaving a decent tip for the service we got .
To receive a call the next day from the restaurant saying that not all the bill had been paid.
I was presented with a bill for £270 which I paid in full it appeared the restaurant had failed to include all drinks on the bill .
This was an error on there behalf not mine I paid the bill presented (didn't check every line ) .
having working for many years within the restaurant industry I have never seen or herd of this before . if the restaurant makes a mistake it they stand the cost .!!! knowing that the person who forgot to include all the drinks on our bill would be made to pay for there error.
I paid the amount requested.
hopefully no one else will have to bear the brunt of this shabby treatment and I wonder how many other would have paid the restaurant ..

be warned

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Staffordshire
“Visit on Saturday night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Booked last minute due to unforeseen circumstances. It has been a while since we had a meal at the dial, although we visit weekly for drinks. We had a lovely meal and realised we should have returned sooner. Greeted by our friend Jez who is a credit to the dial, his hospitality is second to none. We had the belly pork which I could fully recommend. The staff are always very attentive asking if every course is satisfactory. Emily and James who run this fine restuarant always give a personal touch and are always professional.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good food but pricey cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Visited with some girlie friends on a Friday night. The food was good. I had a steak followed by a cheeseboard which was lovely. My friend had a fish dish which she left most of as it tasted funny. We enjoyed the cocktails but they varied from round to round it seemed. Even the waitress agreed they did and got us a replacement which was appreciated given the cost of them. A lovely venue but sometimes I can't help but think this venue is more style than substance.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rugeley, United Kingdom
“A little disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

We went as a party of 6 couples, my sister has always sung high praises so we were really looking forward to it. We had a nice table halfway down the restaurant, I found the staff to be very friendly and attentive too. My starter of asparagus with hollandaise and a poached egg was very bland and my husbands clam dish was overly rich. Our mains were ok although the broccoli was abit rancid tasting. My dessert of crème brulee was nice.We had an enjoyable evening though. Also my last glass of wine had lumps of sediment in it which was vile, I hadn't seen it as we had our last drinks on the terrace, so I just had a mouthful of gritty lumps, not pleasant!!

• Visited July 2014