“Best place to eat and drink in Alton” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alton Bridge Hotel

Alton Bridge Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alton
Alton Bridge Hotel
You added Alton Bridge Hotel to your Saves list
Station Road, Alton ST10 4BX, England   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Alton
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat and drink in Alton”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I live in Alton and have visited all the pubs in the area and this is the best bar none.

Previously the Alton Bridge had a mediocre reputation but since the new owners have taken over it's become everything a good pub should be.

Clean, stylish, comfortable, friendly attentive staff and excellent food and drink.

In the past month I've been down to the Bridge 4 times and have had an excellent experience every single time. Great burger, great pie, great homemade chips, great Sunday roast (it comes with an extra jug of gravy, nice touch).

The only place to go in Alton if you want to eat al fresco, tables, benches and tiki huts right by the side of the river and a big field and football net for the kids to play safely to their hearts content.

As mentioned above the staff are truly excellent and I can't praise them enough.

I'd love to keep this place a secret so I can enjoy it to myself but it deserves to be a success so if you're in the area get down there!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Lovely night spent here, the food and drink were great with a good selection offered, good timely and friendly service, the waitresses were very polite and helpful, great atmosphere, will definitely be eating here again on a return trip or even call in for a drink.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had been highly recommended to visit this Hotel for a meal and I was by no means disappointed. The atmosphere, décor, service and quality of food were excellent. My friend and I arrived and enjoyed a drink at the quaint bar where we were served by friendly staff. We were given menus straight away and the specials were explained in detail. After ordering our food we were shown to our table, the furniture and décor were exceptional. The whole ambience of the Hotel was lovely, my friend and I felt very comfortable. The food was served by very friendly and eloquent waitresses. We were totally at ease and felt extremely well looked after. The food itself was delicious and the presentation was of a very high standard. I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone and I will be returning very soon to try other dishes.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Staffordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I believe this is a recently refurbished hotel and we joined a group of friends for a meal on Saturday night. We thought the décor etc was great and we enjoyed the atmosphere. We could not fault the food and the menu was interesting. However, the service let the place down. We had two waitresses, one was good enough, the other forgot to bring one of the drinks (can happen anywhere) however it took a while to attract any one's attention to get it. We were ushered straight to our table on arrival as the bar was busy, however the waitress did not know the full list of beers and my husband was disappointed to find that he had been drinking red wine all evening because none of the beers offered appealed to him, when actually there was a far greater and more attractive range on offer at the bar, had she bothered to say. At the end of the evening, no one appeared to be on hand, this was because the kitchen staff and the waitresses were now huddled round a table enjoying a drink. We had to ask one to move her chair so we could get to the bar to get the bill. It was only about 10.30pm and I do think at least one waitress should remain on duty until the last table leaves.
No doubt we will return in the hope the service has improved because everything else is good.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Staffs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Enjoyed a good quality meal. Portion size very good. A little expensive (£16:75 for Thai Salmon) but you get what you pay for.
The menu is limited if you don't eat meat or pastry but that's not unusual.
My friend had a steak and ale pie, with chips and salad that he greatly enjoyed.
The restaurant is very nicely decorated and the loos are very clean.
The staff are very helpful and friendly and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending the venue for a meal or pleasant drink. The outside area is very nice and there is plenty of parking space.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A beautiful setting for a fantastic family meal out. We were greeted with a friendly smile and made to feel at home. The food was very well presented and beyond tasty. The Rump steak was one of the best steaks I had tasted in a long time. We will most definitely going back again, and again :-)

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Popped down the village for a Sunday lunch...we were well pleased that we did....the building was done out tastefully and talking of taste...the food was very tasty and plenty of it....did not think I would be able to finish it as there was so much...but I wasn't going to waste it...it was really worth writing about...We are taking a friend next Sunday on the strength of our first visit...

Room Tip: N/A we just went for a meal....