“Excellent Holiday experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alton Towers Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Alton
Alton Towers Hotel
You added Alton Towers Hotel to your Saves list
Alton Towers, Alton ST10 4DB , England   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Alton
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“Excellent Holiday experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had one of the "moon" rooms (not as expensive as the themed rooms), but with beautiful attention to detail, and extra facilities.

Doors where pattened to look like space hatches, and things like mirrors also looked like portholes. LO had his own "chill area", which included a XBox 360 console, 2 games, and several more games pre-installed.

The hotel has 2 restaurants and 2 more can be accessed via the connecting walkway to the adjoining "Splash Landings" hotel. Splash Landings hotel also contains the waterpark. Splash Landings is also right next to the monorail station which takes you to the park entrance (it's about 10-15 min walk down, if you want to).

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

The price includes theme park, water park tickets & parking, so no need to add these on. Food is quite expensive (about £15-20 per head for adults for main + pudding). HUGE breakfast buffet with a wonderful choice (but the same choices each day).

We went over a bank holiday weekend (Easter), and evening shows & music were included.

We arrived Fri pm, dropped bags at reception, spent the afternoon in the waterpark. Bags where then delivered to our room. We then spent Sat & Sun in the theme park.

We will definetly go back again when LO is more than 1.4m (the height limit for the more scarier rides).

Room Tip: Don't have a room on the same floor as the walkway - a lot of through traffic, so noiser. Would...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
coventry
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Overprice for what you get -

Rooms...
Are like a Travel lodge with theme - Small Dirty rooms - Beds very uncomfortable - This hotel must have The most slamming, Noisy, Dangerous, doors - Bathroom Very tired and dated - Woke up during the night with spiders in the bed!

Customer service...
Call customer service from your room (Waiting 15 minutes before answering) And you get told every time to go to reception - You speak to the staff And they give you the impression they are doing you a favour - The staff are too busy To give you any customer service.

Food...
Room service does not start until 10 PM - One of the most expensive hotels For food, £9 For sandwich, £5 For a small portion of chips, £22 For burger and chips This is not even in the restaurant, it's sitting in the bar - Quality of food is awful - Breakfast Is absolutely disgusting The quality Is way below Expectations - This hotel has always been consistent with the quality of food... Overpriced And terrible quality!

Me and my family spent two nights Over the Easter period - We had to change rooms After the first night Due to the noise Around my, room 150.

Which just happens to be The main route to the other hotel/Waterpark.

Another guests Continuously running up and down the corridor With excitement to get to the waterpark and With slamming of doors, Shouting and screaming Until 1 o'clock in the morning!!

Managed to get to sleep at 2 O'clock in the morning Only for it to start All over again at 6 o'clock in the morning! When I asked the reception can I move and their reply was "is it because it's too noisy"!

I could go on and tell you guys A lot more bad things about this hotel But I think you guys already know where I'm coming from... BEST BET TO KEEP AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!

Also pre-warning Easter weekend at Alton Towers Is a Major gathering for travellers/Gypsies!!

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My partner and I have now stayed 4 times now over the past two years and couldn't recommend more highly. The staff are incredibly friendly and will bend over backwards to make your stay perfect. The rooms are always clean, tidy and comfortable, the bar in the evening is entertaining etc. As a rule we try and avoid the Splash Landings hotel as feel that's more children orientated and the Alton Towers hotel is more adult. It's just great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My partner and I stayed for a weekend whilst visiting the theme park. The staff were great and really helpful; the food was great quality and the setting is lovely. Obviously I wouldn't expect people to stay unless visiting the park as it is very child friendly but we really enjoyed our stay. We misunderstood the communication around booking tickets for the splash landings water park but the staff were great and sorted tickets for us straight away. The rooms are adequate for the stay there; I wouldn't describe as luxury but the were clean and had all the facilities required; again I think children would love them! The additional advantages of staying in this hotel were really appreciated especially early entry to the par which means residents could experience the most popular rides for an hour without queuing. The hotel for its standard is quite expensive I would normally expect a lot more for the prices charged but I realise the advantages of staying their so overall it is good value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my girlfriend for 3 days and 2 nights in the hotel and theme park. Upon arrival at approx 11am we was greeted at reception and told our room would be ready at about 3pm which we already knew about when we booked our stay. We dropped off our luggage at reception and was given our theme park tickets. There was a small problem as they only handed over 1 theme park ticket instead of 2 which i questioned. The lady handed over another ticket to me without any questions which i was very pleased with.

Upon arrival of the hotel room later that day i have to say it was absolutely spotless. Luggage had already been put in room. Bed was clean and comfy. Bathroom was clean. No problems at all. I rang the secret garden retaraunt from the hotel room to book a table about an hour in advance and the lady on the other end said that was fine.

After looking around the hotel (plenty to look at including a giant chair, magic mirror in the hotel toilet and more) and having a second day in the theme park we went back to the hotel room which had been cleaned once again in another spotless state. Staff are friendly and if the hotel was closer to hull then i would be staying a lot more than once a year. Thank you AT

• Stayed March 2013
Severn Stoke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've visited Alton Towers so many times over the years as love it so much. Since the hotel very first opened I have wanted to stay but the expense had but me off. Until I saw the £99 deal which meant we could stay in the hotel and enjoy the park at an affordable price. I was ecstatic, my partner and I were so excited (very big children).

When we arrived it was brilliant as there was so much to see, walking around the hotel was great fun. We loved looking at the themed decor, the oversized chair, the talking mirror in the toilet etc. This was all great and very novel. We decided to have a drink in the bar at which point a young girl appeared and started singing. This may have been tolerable if it wasn't quite as loud, it felt like a weekend away in Butlins and really lowered the standard and quality of our experience. The room was very basic and I would describe it as a themed Travelodge room. Really not what I expected, if we were paying full price it would have been unacceptable.

Breakfast was terrible! The quality of the food was so poor, I tried a little of everything but couldn't eat it. The strategy appeared to be quantity over quality. There was so much food and the people around us were piling their plates high and seemed quite happy. Again, for the prices they are asking, the standard was just far too low and such a shame as it is one of the main things that sticks out to me.

We did have a great day in the park as usual, but next time it will be a day visit and most certainly will not be staying in the hotel again. Very overpriced, poor quality and overall quite disapointing :-(

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Considering the very high cost of this hotel, the service is a disgrace, For some bizarre reason, they decided to have a fire drill at 11.00 at night, when it was raining. Everyone had to vacate the building in the rain, and walk over to Alton Towers other hotel about 200 metres away. When i comlainted to management the next day, I was simply told it is the only time they can guarantee everyone will be in their rooms. This was a disgraceful response, and so i complained to head office but did not even receive a reply. For the prices paid, this place is really not up to scratch. I have had much better service at a premier inn, at a fraction of the cost. For anyone thinking of staying here, you would be better off staying at one of the many hotels very near to alton towers, and paying at least 50% less. Also another big negative is the cost of the food in their restaurants. I dont mind paying good money at restaurants, providing I am getting what I pay for. Here the food is just ok and woth about a quarter of what they charge. Truly nothing but a huge profit making scam for those with plenty of money to wast.

Room Tip: Stay at a nearby hotel, for a fraction of the cost.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Alton Towers Hotel? Share your experiences!