“Perfect few days at Combeshead Farm for us and our horses !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Combeshead Farm B&B

Combeshead Farm B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wheddon Cross
Combeshead Farm B&B
You added Combeshead Farm B&B to your Saves list
Wheddon Cross | Minehead, Wheddon Cross, Exmoor National Park TA24 7AT, England   |
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
“Perfect few days at Combeshead Farm for us and our horses !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We came to this B&B because we wanted somewhere where we could stay and bring our horses too . There was plenty of room to park the trailor and the horses had their own field which was just right for them as the sheep had grazed in there previously so the grass was perfect . We could see them from the house but there was no need to worry about them as they were in a secure field and very happy . A short distance from the field was the yard with stables and a tack room . It was all very convenient . We rode out from the house two of our three days . The first to Dunkery Beacon with stunning scenery , wild flowers , larks and plenty of streams for the horses to drink from ( the weather was fabulous )not a cloud in the sky for our whole visit , the second was up to the Devils punchbowl which Catherine kindly directed us to . Again stunning scenery with lots of wild orchids . We stopped at Winsford tea rooms for lunch where we were able to tie the horses up and enjoy the local fare .
Now that's just the horses ! We had a really pleasant stay too . It was Sues ' birthday and we arrived in time for tea and the most delicious birthday cake made by Catherine's sister . We felt very welcome and immediately at home in a family atmosphere . Their adorable grandson Charlie ( just 2 and a half ) gave us a running commentary on all the different kinds of tractors from a John Deere to a Massey Ferguson ! The rooms were very comfortable and clean . The breakfasts the best ever and the dinners out of this world ! The only mistake we made was going out to a local pub one night . It was a long drive and food no where as good as the home reared lamb and the salmon dishes we enjoyed . Delicious puddings too . I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone . I couldn't fault it in anyway . A real bonus for me was Farmer Fred ( Catherine's delightful husband ) helping me with the trailor . I'm hopeless at reversing and hitching up and he helped me every time despite being really busy with all the hay making that was going on whilst the weather was fine . A big thank you to you both . lucinda and Sue Xx

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Catherine C, Owner at Combeshead Farm B&B, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
It was really good to have you all stay with us, horses included!. I hope they enjoyed themselves as well. You had some lovely rides, and fantastic weather which always helps. I feel like I've done my job properly when I get comments like that, thank you. I will tell Fred you appreciated his contribution too!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Thankyou so much for another lovely weekend , the breakfasts are to die for plenty of it and great choice. Lovely and clean bedrooms. We cannot fault this B & B there is nothing we would change, and cant wait to return next year for our third time. Ian, Jo, maisy and ben

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
It was great to see you all again. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here. It is always nice when people come back, and we look forward to seeing you again next year! The tame lambs have now gone out into the front paddock, and Jess is keeping her eye on them!.
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This B&B could not have been more perfect for our family. The location is absolutely charming, with a real sense of peace and tranquility. Catherine was so friendly and helpful during our stay, and makes a delicious English breakfast! The fact that the farm had reliable WiFi was an unexpected bonus! Our daughters fell in love with Jess and Kiwi, the resident dogs, and had the best time roaming around the farm grounds, among the horses, sheep and chickens. In a weekend filled with rock-climbing and kayaking, our kids told us that their favorite part was hanging out on the farm. I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Catherine C, Owner at Combeshead Farm B&B, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I am so pleased you all enjoyed your stay with us. To have comments like that makes it all worth while. Thank you so much, and good luck with the move back home.
Jess and Kiwi are having a well earned rest!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were tremendously lucky to stumble across Catherine and Fred's B&B. The building is beautiful, as are the views from the clean, comfortable rooms. The location is perfect for getting around the moors, and being on a working farm adds real depth and interest to your stay. The cooked breakfast was delicious and it was very handy having decent wi-fi too. But best of all were the hosts themselves - who were extremely thoughtful and engaging, going out of their way to ensure we had a great trip and sharing their local knowledge with us! So just about perfect really :-) Alex and Charlotte

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Catherine C, Owner at Combeshead Farm B&B, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
It was great to meet you both. We enjoyed our discussions, and hope you found some of the info helpful. I really do appreciate your very kind review. Good luck with your future plans, hope all goes well!
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Whilst working at The Golden Horseshoe Endurance Ride, Fred and Catherine’s farm was my home from home for five days. I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough. Catherine is a wonderful cook. Delicious evening meals were served in a separate dining room (with other guests) or with the family (when I was there on my own) which speaks volumes about their hospitality. She made me a packed lunch every day and filled my flask with coffee. Breakfasts too were of extremely generous proportions and don’t be surprised to get sliced & diced melon... what luxury! Coffee at breakfast is properly made with a percolator. Sleeping quarters are utterly clean, beds are good, bed linen is nice and comfy, bathrooms (I used two, one had an excellent shower in bath and t’other a perfectly adequate shower in bath) are spotless. Catherine has a great eye for detail, tip of the towels turned over, loo roll ends folded, a fresh flower on the breakfast table… whereas this may not mean much to some, they are the signature of somebody who really cares about her profession.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Catherine C, Owner at Combeshead Farm B&B, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
It was great to meet you, and we enjoyed talking to you. I think we covered a wide range of topics! What a shame the weather couldn't have been like this weekend for the GHS.
I'm glad you noticed and appreciated the things I do to try and make your stay as welcoming and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your wonderful review. See you next year!
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Catherine and Fred run a very friendly B&B at their farmhouse. You immediately feel that
you are either an old friend or part of the family. I have never know a B&B with such a
friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
I and my partner were invited for a cup of tea and home made cake on arrival and chats around the kitchen table with Catherine and Fred at various times. They are good company with their guests and enjoy a good laugh and a chat.
The breakfast and accommodation was excellent.
It is an ideal location for walkers, as it is just down the road from Dunkley Beacon. The local pub at Wheddon Cross is very good for evening meals. There two working dogs Jess and Kiwi are very friendly and always want lots of fuss.
This was our second stay at Combeshead Farm. We highly recommend you stay there.
Dave & Cynth

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It's always good to have people coming back. It was really nice to see you both again, and glad you enjoy our company too. Hope the engines working!
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

A very good place in the middle of Exmoor, very central for exploring Exmoor National Park.
A car is a must however in Exmoor and to get to the farm. Parking space is available.

The place has spacious rooms, a clean and up-to-date bathroom, and a breakfast that is made to your individual taste.
TV for those who need it, is only in the shared living room.
Animals on the farm mainly include sheeps and 2 dogs.

The hosts are very kind and take lots of time to talk to you. Communication via email is very promt and friendly as well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Catherine C, Owner at Combeshead Farm B&B, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your review. I thought you were very brave travelling on your own. It was interesting talking to you, and hearing about things in your country. I hope we offered you a relaxing place to stay, and some good Exmoor hospitality. Good to hear you got home safely too!.

Been to Combeshead Farm B&B? Share your experiences!