“Another good report” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 15 Restaurants in Watchet
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: English, Pub, Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are ideally placed for exploring Exmoor, the Brendon & Quantock Hills or just 10 minutes drive away from the coast at Watchet. Inside, you will find all the character and atmosphere expected including wooden beams, an inglenook fireplace and log fires in the colder months. We serve traditional, local real ales, wines and spirits. We also have excellent catering facilities offering a full a la carte menu, and wine list, or alternatively select from our snack menu. The emphasis is on tasty home cooking, available 7 days a week.
Salisbury, England
“Another good report”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've never reviewed the Valiant Soldier before as I didn't want to share the secret. I see one previous reviewer referred to going there in the 70's. Well, I can go a decade better, the 60's. Although it is now definitely in the 21st century it still retains it's local hostelry charm, but miles better. The B & B accommodation is what you'd expect for a reasonable price, clean and adequate. If it wasn't would my daughter and I stay there 2 or 3 times a year for the last 7 years? When I was there earlier this year, without her, it was nice to be remembered and asked how she was. I cannot agree with the reviewer from Newquay who complained at the lack of choice on the menu. There is a wide choice from either a full menu, or a bar menu, and good cider and local ales on tap. If I have one complaint it is the quality of the sausage served with the cooked breakfast. We shall be there again next week, I shall just ask for a breakfast without sausage.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nottingham
“Friendly local with great beer and food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in road water this week and visited the Valiant Soldier. On our first night. I enjoyed the nicest steak I've ever had here, cooked to perfection served with chips and seasonal veg. I enjoyed a pint of Exmoor ale and the wife tried the local cider, both delightful. We enjoyed it so much we went back 2 days later an had the 10oz sirloin again!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newquay, United Kingdom
“Popular local village pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very popular village pub, you need to book a table in advance. The food was very nice, but I felt that there could have been more choice.

Visited August 2013
Wordsley, null, United Kingdom
“village pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

visited valiant soldier on the 7/8/13 great choice of food good value and quality friendly staff and nice old pub well worth a visit we will be back again soon

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West yorkshire
“I agree with all other reviews”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and i were in this part of the country and found The Valiant Soldier by luck.The car park had just been relaid.We agree with the other reviews about the place ect but the only thing i forgot to ask was about the rooms prices and size of the rooms i think they have 5 doubles and 2 twin bedrooms.It was nice to be able to get a drink at the bar with out having to fight thro a lot of bar flies

• Visited July 2013