“Beautiful pub, lovely vegetarian food, great staff” 5 of 5 stars

01458 272273
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Hart is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 20 restaurants in Somerton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“Beautiful pub, lovely vegetarian food, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a week in Somerset and went to the White Hart twice during our stay. The first time we had stumbled upon it by chance and just stopped for a drink. We were very impressed by the staff and the restaurant itself looked lovely and so we went back on our last night for a meal. We weren't disappointed.

Again all the staff were great, very attentive and helpful. The food was gorgeous. I should say that we are both vegetarian, and were really impressed, but the meat dishes coming out looked amazing as well. Although the menu is small it has been very well thought out and just focuses on a few local and organic choices, and we were amazed at how much of the food is made on the premises (basically everything - even the sauces and ice cream).

My vegetarian main meal was really nice (wood roasted veg, halloumi and chickpea salad with a home made cucumber and yoghurt sauce), and my husband had one of the flatbread pizzas which was fantastic, you could really taste that it had been cooked in a proper wood fired pizza oven and even the tomato sauce on the base was lovely.

The restaurant itself is in my opinion beautifully decorated and seems to be fitted out to a really high standard. It has a decent sized outdoor seating area which was great for the this time of year, but will be really cosy in the winter too with all its wood fired stoves and alcove seating.

Overall this is one of the nicest pubs I have been in, and was one of the nicest meals I have honestly ever had. We will definitely return if we are back in the area! I'm just sorry we don't live closer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
brighton
“lovely decor shame about the rest.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

As it was a sunny evening we opted to have our drink and bar snack outside.
would say the drinks bit on the high side but my burger in a roll at £10.00 was expensive.
it was difficult to eat, being in a plastic basket with a piece of baking parchment by way of lining.
would have been so much easier to eat of a plate.
but the chair gave me cramp in my legs, the front tips upwards and the back leans back to far you end up sitting on the edge has to be the most uncomfortable experience i have ever had, impossible to get comfortable.
would have moved except the only option would have been inside as the benches were occupied.
I had a look on line at the reviews and noticed that several good reviews were prior to these people owning the pub, which i found very confusing, come on trip advisor get your act together.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Somerton, United Kingdom
“Style and Ambience at the expense of Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

As a local resident I went to The White Hart for a meal last night with a friend.The decor is stunning,the garden nicely restored.The staff are young and trendy,which makes a nice change for Somerton eateries,although I would suggest some more training for them.My crab and pea starter was good,however,both myself and my companion found the pizzas tasteless and the bases were stodgy and undercooked-despite being given steak knives with which to cut them,found them very difficult to get through.Over-priced for what we got,sadly.I hope these are just early-day teething problems!Would go again for drinks but not for food,unfortunately.Strangely,I note that the White Hart only opened last week but a lot of these reviews go back to last year?!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Yeovil
“Friday lunchtimes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Fantastic couple running this pub - always attentive and even though we only go in once a week, always know what we would like for our one drink - also they love our dog!

Visited July 2013
“Great modern pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We visited the White Hart today.
The food is excellent, not your standard pub food. It's delicisious. The renovated pub and garden offer a pleasant atmosphere. The service is friendly and charming. This is a gem!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere