“wonderful evening in beautifully pretty surrounding.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Coxley Vineyard to your Saves list
Coxley Vineyard
Coxley, Wells BA5 1RQ, England   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Coxley B&B and Inns
“wonderful evening in beautifully pretty surrounding.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012 via mobile

the food was absolutely gorgeous and presented beautifully. the service could not be faulted, they were friendly and could not do enough for us but were not suffocating either! they made us feel like v.i.p's. the only fault i can think of is that it would have been nice to have seen more people enjoying this hidden treasure! we have recommend the restaurant and facilities highly to all our friends and family and will be goin again ourselves very soon so hopefully this can be rectified.

• Stayed February 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012 via mobile

Were a little worried as we checked in after readings the reviews, but it was mostly ok. Rooms we had were spacious and pretty; only had a bath in our room but found it romantic. Our friends initially had a room where the heater and TV didn't work so moved to another but again the TV didn't work and shower head was problematic; kettle also hadn't been used for ages and contained mouldy water, so check all of these before committing to a room. It was clean and lounge in bar nice. Breakfast was also nice and staff very friendly and accommodating. Our overall impression was its a friendly B&B in a picturesque location, but it could use a little work.

• Stayed February 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011 via mobile

Having arrived late at night I was shown to the honeymoon suite, by a diligent staff member who had waited for me.however on pulling back the bed clothes I was horrified to see blood in more than three places on the duvet cover, I immediately phoned reception and had no answer.I then went down only to find that the reception was locked no one on the desk and I could not get in. Coupled with a large number flies in the room which buzzed all night and frequently landed on me I did not have the best of nights. Neither was the breakfast very special.
Having informed the manager of concerns over unclean sheets,human blood and flies I was somewhat disappointed when his response was to say-"oh dear,that's not good I will speak to the cleaners" with regard to flies the reply was "someone must have left the window open".
I was in impressed and feel that more pride is needed and a greater attention to detail would be advisable.

• Stayed October 2011
Wells, Somerset, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I had driven 100 miles to collect my Mother and bring her to stay near us for a night. We arrived at 5:00pm only to be told that they were fully booked, even though I'd phoned on the Tuesday to confirm my booking. The owner flately refused to show himself and a poor girl, with poor English, was left to try to resolve our frustrations. We have booked with this hotel previously and I'm afraid they have now used all of their chances as every stay has thrown up challenges and the manager seems to have no interest at all in resolving issues, in fact on various occassions there is a distinct lack of staff around to make any enquiries. Very disappointed and let down local who shall be passing this messsage on to others!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
South West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Breakfast was the best at this hotel, very attentive staff, massive range of fruit, cereals, or cooked. Huge pot of tea and coffee which they came and asked if we needed a top up! Also given a huge jug of pure orange juice which was cold and refreshing!
The room had everything we needed, but was slightly dated and could have done with being slightly cleaner but overall enjoyed our visit and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

Situated on the A39, between Wells and Glastonbury, we knew that the location was convenient - and it was - despite not knowing the area it was easy to find both places without a map in under 10 minutes.
We were made very welcome from start to finish - the staff were polite and very friendly - nothing was too much trouble. We'd not stayed in a hotel with our 10 month old before, but they dispelled our fears and the room was a great size, fitting in a travel cot with a comfortable bed (The pillows were lovely!) and allowing our daughter ample room to crawl about and to play. The baby monitoring service was offered and my husband and I were able to enjoy some quiet time in the comfortable bar yards away from our sleeping daughter.
Though basic, the shower was powerful and easy to operate, and aside from minor defects, the decoration was very pleasant and tasteful.
The weather, unfortunately, was not suitable for enjoying the outdoor pool. We did, however, enjoy the hearty breakfast which was well cooked and generous.
The surroundings were very quiet and even our daughter slept relatively well (a rarity, believe me). This is a two-star hotel - but we enjoyed our stay more than we have at some hotels with higher ratings. If and when we return to visit Glastonbury or the surrounding area, we would not hestitate to book with this hotel again - the Late Rooms price made it good value for money.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

If you want to stay in a cold, dated shabby room with no hot water then this isthe hotel for you! This is a dreadful dreadful hotel.

I got to the hotel which was dark and empty to find that they had no idea that I had booked to stay there, was given the key to my room which was cold and really dated as decor goes. Tried to call reception but the phone in my room was dead, used my mobile and the heating was turned on but made little difference as it was like no had stayed there for months.

In the morning when I turned on the taps in the bath , about a litre of freezing cold water came out of the tap and I had to wash my hair with this water using a tea cup, couldn't even have a wash and I was off to a meeting that day.

Nobody was on receptioon as the whole building was all locked up when I left so I had to leave by the back gate. I have since e-mailed and left voice messages asking to be refunded the £89 that his room cost and have not had a reply.

Total rip off, possiblythe worst UK hotel I have had the misfortune to choose to stay in. Steer well clear!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Been to Coxley Vineyard? Share your experiences!