“Please do not waste your time and money coming here, stressful and awful!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Star Inn Tickenham

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clevedon
The Star Inn Tickenham
You added The Star Inn Tickenham to your Saves list
Clevedon Road | Stone-Edge Batch, Clevedon BS21 6SE , England   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Clevedon B&B and Inns
“Please do not waste your time and money coming here, stressful and awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I have never written a review before but if it helps stopping even one family experiences the 'delights' of this establishment I will have taken something away.
We have dined at this pub quite a few times over the last couple of years, the food was always on the average side but we forgave this as it was always friendly and the facilities such as the outside play ground and indoor soft play area were great.
On our last visit (and it will be the last on Sunday 25th November) we arrived to find only one other table occupied. We found out that there has been a change of management, maybe the food had improved we hoped. It hadn't, but that wasn't why the experience was so dreadful. It was the children of the staff/manager running riot in the pub. Now I have 5 children and I don't mind noise and children having fun but these children (primary age) were out of control, fighting each other, swearing, literally screaming, they emptied the toy boxes and proceeded to hurl them against each other or at the windows. All with the sound track of a couple of loud toy machine guns and all right next to us. When the waitress came over she gave them a 'ah bless them' look, I was just utterly amazed. The other table left and we couldn't eat our microwaved meals quick enough. When asked if everything was ok I had to say no, it was so stressful having to eat with this level of noise and chaos, she said she quite understood then proceeded to do nothing about it, in fact they just got worse. I did ask one of these half dozen children where his parents were and he said he lived there. Considering its such a big pub why would you let your children run riot next to the only customers in your establishment?! I hope the new management read this and maybe it'll be an insight why a pub in a great location and with fantastic facilities for families is EMPTY on a Sunday when it should be packed.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Star has just changed hands in the last couple of weeks. The staff are nice and welcoming now run by two ladies, food was very good, much better vibes now becoming the pub it should have been......Last time I went the old landlords were running the star, food was cold and so was the the pub with little atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

First visit Sunday lunch today. Disappointed to find dirty, creased tablecloth; sauces in greasy spice jars; weird salt and pepper affair with a bit of foil and Sellotape to serve as a stopper! These were apparently table decorations - odd. Not enough staff to take orders and serve tables. Two of us had what was described as cod and chips - i very much doubt it was cod with its overly strong fishy taste and smell - or perhaps it was just not very fresh. Either way not very nice. my daughter had sausages which she normally likes but she left them as there weren't very good. Such a shame as the pub itself is nice and had s beer garden and nice little play area for the kids.

• Stayed October 2012
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

we went here as my mother in law had been previous but it has changed owners or so you would assume the food was absolutely disgusting we ordered 3 roast dinners and 2 children's one then we had pudding too £55 it came too ,and it was horrible food came within 10mins if sitting down the meat was like cardboard very very thin almost like microwaveable meat for what we paid I expected slightly better quality food and the staff aren't exactly friendly all looked miserable, I will never ever eat there or recommend to anyone!

Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I would never go back to this place, I went here with my child and was a little concerned about the place when the play area smelt of mould. The food we ordered came out far too quickly after ordering for it to be fresh and cooked! I had to send it back as it was cold and regretted eating it after it was heated. I really felt that the hygiene in the kitchen was questionable as the chips tasted like they had been cooked in oil that had never been changed...

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The ideal location kids - just as long as you don't eat or speak to the staff either would leave you empty and unfulfilled.

The food is so poor, on every level sadly. Kids food it's either tinned or from the freezer / packet. The meatballs were so processed the were perfect smooth circles. Everything from grissly
burgers to limp lifeless salad it's all hear. It's very cheap ingredients and pre packed portions which ever way we turned, dried out quickly put together. Old Heniz Mayo bottles washed and refilled with cheap alternatives and dried out pickles and crusty condiments. All of the above served without a smile, friendly dialogue or even In some cases speech at all.

Sincerely,a quick drink so the kids and can stretch their legs, maybe chance a packet of crisps but other than that regardless of your wealth or lack of save your money.

Kent
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I have stayed at the Star on several occasions over the last couple of years and have to say that it is deteriorating every time I visit.
I visited again last week and have to say that that will be the last time. Shame as it is convenient for my needs.
Rooms remain pretty much as always a bit dated but are adequate for a one night business stay costing £45.00.
That’s of course if you don't want breakfast as they no longer serve it during the week.
Just to add insult to injury they had no beer at all and very limited bottled or canned beer.
To me it looks like they are slowly going out of business by the lack of stock.
Oh well will now have to find an alternative

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Star Inn Tickenham? Share your experiences!