“Miserable, noisy, depressing, tacky, chav-tastic” 1 of 5 stars

Warrens Village
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Colehouse Lane, Clevedon BS21 6TQ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Clevedon
London, England, United Kingdom
“Miserable, noisy, depressing, tacky, chav-tastic”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I recently spent a night at Warren's Village, one I will always remember for all the wrong reasons. The park itself is grim with lots of low budget chalets / static homes crammed together on an uninspiring bit of land. Everything looks, (and is), cheap and old fashioned, an expectation that was set when I collected my keys from the dismal reception area.

I was simultaneously gutted and amused when I opened the door to my chalet and stepped inside. It was furnished with the cheapest decor possible. Horrific patterned curtains, (paper thin of course). A table and chairs reclaimed from a skip, (or so it looked). A wardrobe consisting of two bits of wood bolted to the wall at right angles to form an alcove. A mouldy bathroom with the most revolting, fecally encrusted toilet brush I’ve ever witnessed. Worst of all, the chalet's are split in half so two different people / families / couples are essentially sharing the same space, divided only by a partition wall. The walls are paper thin so sitting on the toilet felt like a group activity. When I attempted to sleep at 12.30am, I was treated to a cacophony of noise from my neighbours and their kids which continued until 3am, (this gives an insight into the sort of clientele that Warren's Village attracts).

Finally morning came and it was time for breakfast, however, I was unable to shower before my departure as there was no hot water. I decided against the 5 minute walk to reception, past the stinking toilet block to complain, it was just easier to chalk the whole experience up as a bad one and post this lengthy moan on Trip Advisor. I should point out that there had been no hot water the previous day so I was forced to go out for the evening without a shower because the reception closed at 3pm.

Anyway, back to breakfast. Warren’s Village redeemed themselves slightly in this department as the food was edible; in fact I’d go so far as to say that I quite enjoyed it. Angelina’s, the on-site restaurant, (aptly named after the well known Hollywood beauty), isn’t going to win awards for style, décor and ambience, (it’s a windowless 1980’s style portacabin full of chavs), but at least I didn’t leave unwashed AND unfed!

As you may have gathered, I was a tad disappointed with Warren’s Village and unsurprisingly I wouldn’t recommend sending your dog there for a holiday let alone going yourselves. At £115 for two chalets, (paid for on arrival to prevent a mass exodus from new guests), this was an equally costly and depressing night that you should avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Don't go there in the first place.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jason W, Manager at Warrens Village, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hi
The only thing good about this review is it's gramatical structure.

Try not to stereotype other guests, if you want to be taken seriously.

Any problems that you might have had, should have been brought to our attention here at reception, which you did not do. Instead you chose to wait till your stay was all over and you had returned home before letting us know. If we don't know your problem we can't fix it.

The rooms you booked were keen and functional. You booked two star accommodation and we did not hold a gun to your head. We cannot provide chandeliers and bellboys for £46 per night.

Sorry that the accommodation and the venue were not to your liking.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Slough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

stayed here last weekend and upon arrival late rooms made the booking online, but we were told there was no recollection. However the man on the desk was very helpful and as the room we booked was full he gave us an upgrade to the superior. It was very sattisfactory, lovely and clean and a good base for a weekend stay. Lovely restaurant served a very good breakfast and evening meal. You would know that having stayed at other campsites, that this site is being worked on to make it better and i think that in a couple of years it will be a very very nice place. Would definately return soon.Thank you for a lovely stay.

bracknell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very helpful man, who answered all my queries ref the local area, he supplied me with maps then proceeded to show us to the accommodation.

We were pleasantly surprised by the semi detached superior cabin we had booked which comprised of a large room with double bed, wardrobe, bedside cabinets, table & chairs and an under worktop fridge (really cold) perfect for chilling your drinks and food (no noise). The bathroom was a good size and the whole place was spotlessly clean.
The bedding was lovely white cotton sheets, I liked the touch of a top sheet as if hot no need to use quilt.
Outside the cabin you have your own little veranda we took fold up table & chairs (left out all weekend with no problem). The cabin faced onto a large field where you could relax, play ball, frizby etc.
The atmosphere was peaceful, tranquil & everyone we met was very friendly.
We visited Cheddar Gorge, Wookey Hole, Weston Super Mare all within 30 minutes drive away.

Now the fishing. My partner is a keen fisherman and caught himself a good sized carp and an eel. The lake is picturesque I was happy just reading, relaxing and enjoying the wonderful scenery.

We had breakfast on site which was great value for the money hence we ate there every morning all cooked perfectly (great value for money). The young lady serving was most helpful and professional.
I will definitely be rebooking again very soon.
You have a Tesco around the corner perfect for all you supplies.

wolverhampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Booked superior room, nice and big! Lovely big bathroom, spacious and a nice comfy bed. DJ on a saturday night after the bingo. Cracking help to the weekend away :-) ten minutes in the car to the pier which is stunning! If you book, make sure you go to the moon and sixpence on the front, the food is amazing

liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Choose a superior lodge but was very basic. The lodge was clean although when we dropped something and had to look under the bed i don't think it has ever been moved and cleaned under! The bar i would give a miss unless you are comftable with the local drunks frequenting. Breakfast was ok not your typical "Full" english could only have a choice between tea, Coffee or juice, no cereal offered and a £1 surcharge if you wanted and extra egg or potato cake instead of a hash brown! only 1 piece of toast each that was service 20 min before the cooked breakfast, have a work with yourself resturant!!!! one good thing to say was the welcome greeting from Chris, very friendly, would only recommend this if you like slummming and only for one night. Wouldn't return, sorry :(

Room Tip: Take a tent would be more comftable!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

3 adults and 2 children 2 night stay for local wedding.
Booking, check-in and contact with Reception courteous and responsive.
Plenty of room, including breakfast table big enough for all.
On-site fish & chip takeaway delicious!
Unable to comment on full village facilities as did not access them.
Suggestions (particulary for longer stays): more bathroom storage space, extra glasses and utensils in kitchen.

• Stayed June 2013
cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Only stayed for 2 days, what a delightful hideaway! The chalet was huge and spotless.Had an outstanding meal in the restaurant ( never tasted cauliflower cheese as good).generous portions. Evening entertainment was great. Took daughter down to seafront, no problem, free parking, which is unusual in this day and age. Would definitely return.
Only gripe, tin opener wouldn't work, but hey! I managed, and I'm sure if I had asked for another, it would not have been a problem, but I was only there for 2 nights.
Being a bank holiday, not many staff but those we saw were very friendly and the regulars too.
Beds extremely comfortable

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Warrens Village? Share your experiences!