“Best B&B Period!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Best B&B Period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to the Bower Inn! Our welcome was very warm even though we arrived at 10pm and the owner & staff did all they could to make us comfortable. My jaw dropped when I saw how beautifully presented the room was. We had a beautifully made 4 poster bed and the bathroom was clean enough to eat in! We had our toddler with us and the owner offered us warm milk for her. The shower was fantastic too. In the morning we had a table ready laid out with a high chair for our toddler. The owner brought a toy for our toddler to play with. Breakfast was freshly made to order which was fantastic. We could also see into the kitchen which only served to increase our confidence in the place. I cannot rave enough about this place - totally love it - wish it was closer to us - I'd escape there all the time!! Fantastic staff, fantastic food, fantastic rooms!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
TeamBower, Owner at The Bower Inn, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and to add your photos. So pleased your visit was such a success and sincerely hope you will be able to visit again in the future. Regards Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I usually wait until I leave a place but I can't resist this time. I love it. My husband loves it. We're in Room 1, and it's clean, well-appointed, and very comfortable. The shower is amazing, there's a lovely bookshelf in the hallway, and I wouldn't change a thing. Importantly, we found the staff very friendly and helpful. Bonus: the food was exceptional - I enjoyed the goat cheese salad very much. Excellent ales, too. We will have to try to come back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamBower, Owner at The Bower Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
So glad your stay was such a success. Thank you so much for the review and here's hoping you can make it back for another stay. Peter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Just got from 2 night stay at Bower Inn. Booked after seeing it on Four in a Bed and thought it looked a lovely place to stay for Easter. Arrived on Good Friday with another couple and rooms were all ready for us and we thought they were lovely, tastefully decorated and very clean. We had sandwiches in the bar for lunch which were lovely. We then ventured out for the afternoon to Chedder Gorge which again was a lovely interesting place to visit. On Saturday we went to Minehead which I would not recommend to visit so travelled on to Lynton which again was a gogeous seaside village over Exmoor . We wish we had more time to spend there.
We ate in the Bower restaurant on both evenings and enjoyed wonderful meals. On the Saturday evening they allowed us to drink our own bottle of Champagne we brought with us and did not charge corkage Breakfast was also great.
The hosts Peter & Candy were very welcoming and friendly as were their two dogs Ben & Ruby who have the run of the place but are very cute and very friendly and not a problem for us.
The staff were great especially Nick who was a very attentive and friendly young man and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for him.
I would recommend the Bower Inn to anyone looking for a relaxing break away with lots of things to see and do with in driving distance.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013
TeamBower, Owner at The Bower Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Many thanks for taking time to write such a detailed review. We're particularly pleased you enjoyed the area so much. We are truly blessed to be at the centre of some fantastically interesting and beautiful places. Sincerely hope you get the chance to come and visit again. Regards Peter
Luton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was an impromptu break on 15th March to 17th March and it was such a pleasure it really made our break something to remember. The room was excellent and the welcome was so genuine. Food was reasonablypriced and varied, but more importantly it was presented very well and tasted brilliant.

In summary we would be happy to recommend The Bower for a place to stay and eat.

Bernie and Lesley

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamBower, Owner at The Bower Inn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
What a glowing review. So glad we came up trumps for you and you had such a great break. Thanks for your comments and hope to see you again. Peter
oakham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stopped here on the 10th March, just for one night.

From the moment we stepped into the pub, we felt at home ! We were greeted well and made to feel very comfortable, although we were the only people staying overnight on that day.

The hosts were very professional but more so friendly and welcoming, something we look for in bed and breakfast stopovers.

We eat in the restaurant, again the service being great but the food as even better !

The atmosphere in the pub after the meal again was great and we personally found the hosts two dogs being present in the lounge are to be very pleasant, supporting the homely atmosphere.

Breakfast again in the morning was very good and served well.

We would highly recommend this hotel and the hosts themselves.

We look forward to stopping again here in the near future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamBower, Owner at The Bower Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We are really pleased you enjoyed your stay. Sincerely hope that you will find an excuse to stay again. Regards Peter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have eaten at the Bower inn on three occasions so far and every time the experience was excellent. The food is very good and priced reasonably for the quality. The portion sizes are good and the food is well presented. I would describe the food style as somewhere between normal pub and gastro pub. By this I mean not overly fussy but care and attention is still paid when it comes to ingredient choice, presentation and quality but still keeping the prices affordable. Last night I had a meal with my boyfriend he and I both had three courses. For starters I had the goats cheese and tomato salad which was very nice (im a big goats cheese fan) For the main I had the sea bass this was served with a creamy prawn sauce, green beans and crushed new potatoes which was also very good. Then for dessert I had the baileys Creme bruli. My boyfriend also enjoyed his meal very much.

I feel I should just add a little bit about the pub itself. I really like the branding and image which makes its friendly, welcoming and cosy but also modern in style and I feel this is reflected in the food very well. I don't know what the guest rooms are like but if the rest of the pub is anything to go by but im sure they are very good.

All in all I would definitely recommend this pub to anyone and will almost certainly be eating at the Bower Inn again in the future.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamBower, Owner at The Bower Inn, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
It is always such a great pleasure to receive such a thoughtful review. You have hit the nail firmly on the head with your description of our business here. You have truly helped to make it all worthwhile. Many thanks and we look forward to your next visit. Peter
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Having had The Bower Inn recommended to me my expectations were high... I have to say that my experience exceeded my expectations.

We were looking for a relaxing and romantic weekend away (16-17 Feb). I contacted The Bower Inn via email and nothing was too much trouble for Peter. On the Saturday night I had forgotten to book a table in the restaurant and even though they were very busy they made room for us and the food was excellent.

The Room was clean, very comfortable, homely and was perfect for what we wanted. The breakfast was of the highest quality and the local sausages were a real highlight (for me).

We ate with friends on the Sunday evening in the Restaurant. There was a problem for us and that was what to choose from the wonderful menu. We all had something different and all thoroughly enjoyed the excellent food that was produced. I finished with the Cheese Board that was enough to feed 2 people easily!!! And was packed with excellent cheese, biscuits, salad and chutney.

On Checkout we sat downstairs, whilst waiting to be picked up, and finished of our excellent stay with a coffee and a cuddle in front of the wood burning stove.

I for one can’t recommend The Bower Inn highly enough and we are already looking forward to our next visit/stay in what I’m sure will be a regular escape for us from now on

Thank you to all the staff at the Bower for making our stay so special

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TeamBower, Owner at The Bower Inn, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us last weekend. So pleased your visit was such a success. Many thanks for the review. WE look forward to your next visit. Regards Peter

Been to The Bower Inn? Share your experiences!