We have just returned from this country hotel feeling recharged for Christmas. We stayed just the one night for my birthday and didn't want to leave. On arrival we were welcomed by Richard a friendly young man who showed us to our room. Only our bed at home can beat this one. I had the best nights sleep and rarely sleep well in other beds. The room was immaculate, tea, coffee, and biscuits, even a glass of sherry to sip whilst enjoying the jacqzui bath. The owners, Paul and Sarah are so lovely, ALMOST wanted to pay more as they are so lovely. Kind and warm and we pray their hotel is known across the globe for excellent service, food and the general lovely feeling to Woodlands. Oh, and I forgot, the hotel had a roaring log fire in the bar, sipping our wine and listening to carols...bliss......think i've used the allocated amount. Thank you Sarah and Paul, God Bless you and your sons and Spikey the dog and a very Merry Christmas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Woodlands Country House HotelSet at the base of the Knoll in a beautiful part of Somerset, close to the M5, but far enough away not to see or hear it. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, ideal for leisurely walks, afternoon cream tea in the garden, cocktails whilst watching the sun set over the Quantock Hills. A place to relax and enjoy lovely local cuisine, all made at Woodlands. We are proud of our little hotel, and look forward to welcoming you to Woodlands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Woodlands Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woodlands Country Hotel
- Woodlands Country Brent Knoll
- Woodlands Country House Hotel Brent Knoll, Somerset