“Worth a look” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shifnal
worcester
“Worth a look”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

We were a group of 14 on a pre christmas break. Food was spot on, excellent breakfasts. Accommodation was good too. Unfortunately the pool was closed which was a shame. The only real problem was the sub artic temperatures. Top tip to hotel manager would be turn the heating up/on, especially in the winter! It takes the edge off your evening if you have to keep your coat on all night and your rooms have no heat at all during the day.
Having said that we had a really good weekend and would return. (probably in the summer)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerHHall, General Manager at Haughton Hall, responded to this review, December 5, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to review Haughton Hall

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the negative comments have been taken on board by myself and my team

I hope you do visit us again and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Tom Hindle

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

We booked this as it was near to Cosford Museum which we were visiting the following day. On the web site it looked lovely, but in reality it was much better. The outside looks old, not a foreboding as I thought, and we were hoping that we had a room in the main house. We were not dissapointed from the moment we went through the main door.
We had the biggest room I have every been in - 4 poster bed and the room was massive, even the ensuite was huge, The bar area and the restaurant were lovely and it was so quiet. The meal was fantastic and breakfast was great as we were the only ones in the room at the time.
The only dissapointment was the cost of a glass of wine (over £6). I would however definately stay there again,

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerHHall, General Manager at Haughton Hall, responded to this review, September 28, 2009
Thank you for taking time to review Haughton Hall.

I am particularly pleased you enjoyed your dinner and breakfast especially as we recently changed our Breakfast offering

I hope to welcome you back to Haughton Hall again in the near future

SuttonColdfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

I booked 3 roomsat the hotel on the internet as we had been invited to an evening reception following a wedding - the booking stated that " a king size bed comes as standard" beware - it doesn't!

I phoned the day before to confirm check-in time and was told 2.00pm.

We arrived at 1.50pm to be told that the rooms were not ready and "would be 10-15 minutes" We waited in the bar with our luggage round our feet until 3.15pm until we were informed that our rooms were ready.We made our way to the rooms but the corridors outside the room were stacked with dirty plates, glasses and splilt liquids which had to be negotiated to reach the room.

There was no milk on the refreshment tray - I went to reception and was then taken to a function room where I was told to take what I needed from the supplies for the coffee machine.

Emerging from the shower in the evening I discovered that the both bath towels on the towel shelf were WET! either , they hadn't been dried in the laundry? or maybe - THEY HADN'T BEEN CHANGED SINCE THE PREVIOUS OCCUPANTS HAD SHOWERED THAT MORNING!!!!!

At the bar in the evenind the queues to be served were horrendous until the manageress arrived to assist.
Various problems here - they ran out of beer in the hotel bar - the father of the bride collected dirty glasses from the overflowing tables until the management were shamed into allocating staff to collecting the glasses.

At 3.00am the Fire Alarm went off ! - we evacuated the rooms only to be told that it was a false alarm as they " had a fault on the System ! " - too late for the young mother with 2 children in the next room who had evacuated her children and herself and the door had closed behind her - we looked after her children while she arranged re-entry into her room - no member of staff took the trouble to check whether the guests were alright !

Breakfast was adequate.

On raising complaints on checking out we were told:-
1) Wet towels - "you should have phoned reception and we would have brought you towels" ( Reception was rarely manned - who would have answered? At the reception desk you were invited to ring for assistance,)
2) The small room which did not have a king size bed as stated in the booking- "it was a double roon wasn't it"

However - once we got into our rooms and before we attended the evening reception, we spend an enjoyable time in the leisure centre - the swimming pool, steam room, sauna and the staff there were excellent.

Will we ever go back there?

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! YOU MUST BE JOKING ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Haughton Hall

I have spoken to our Head Housekeeper who also wishes to be associated with my apologies regarding the issues with your room

The fire alarm was activated by a guest tampering with the sensor in the bedroom, it is hotel procedure to evacuate as guests safety is a priority for us

I am glad you made use and enjoyed our leisure facilities

Thank you again for your review it is through guest feedback we are able to monitor ourselves

Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

I stayed in that Hotel for a week.

- food awful / avoid breakfast if you can -bring your food
- service sometimes forgot to come to your table and ask what you want - and you paying for that over 75 sterling.
- location - quiet
- room - looks new but very small, no still water in the rooms
- on the pictures hotel looks great but in the real I would not pay a penny to stay in there.

Unfortunately I had no choice and my company was paying for that.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay at Haughton Hall

We have reviewed and updated our Breakfast Menu and have had some very positive comments since

uk
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

Booked a specific room 4 months in advance checked with hotel as I had no confirmation that everything ok 2 weeks after booking told that the specific room I wanted for our wedding anniversary was reserved for us. Turn up to find specified room not available manager tried to blame us and just said problems happen. Food service poor bad breakfast poor quality food sent both our breakfasts back. Have stayed here lots of time before but under this ownership wont be staying again. Manager did not bother to to apologise just shrugged of cricism.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

Just come back from a 2 night stay at this hotel. We had to wait ages for our room to be ready even though we were at the hotel for 2pm which was check in time. The cleaners had us going into our room whilest they cleaned it. The room was nice and clean eventually, good shower. Could have had more comfy pillows. I would say its more a 3 star hotel than a 4 star. Nice ground to the hotel with a nice lake. The spa facilities were very good and spent most of our time in there. The breakfast was nice but only tiny portions of each item. No bowls for cereal available on the 1st morning. Head receptionist was a little surly, could have been a bit pleasanter. The hotel used to be a girls boarding school. We chatted to the gardener and he said the hotel was going to be expanded eventually with 15 more rooms to be added and the gardens improved. Some of the more grander rooms were very large with wood pannelled walls and 4 poster beds. But the big rooms were rather dark. Would stay there again for the spa facilities.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Haughton Hall? Share your experiences!