“Friendly and quality food, well prepared.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 25 Restaurants in Shifnal
Cuisines: British, Tea Room, Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Creamery at Apley Farm Shop offers fresh, seasonal, home cooked food in a beautiful airy converted Victorian Barn. Start the day with a freshly cooked full Apley Breakfast made with local free range eggs and sausages and bacon from our butcher. Home made cakes are available all day with tea and the best quality coffee. Lunches including light bights, home made soup and daily specials are made from local ingredients sourced in our farm shop from surrounding farms and producers.The Creamery is also available for evening function and party hire. We also have a meeting room for business or group meetings.
Ham, United Kingdom
“Friendly and quality food, well prepared.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

The shop is terrific and the chef from the Creamery offered advice on the beef flat ribs I bought.

In the cafe the food quality is high. Tasty quiche, well prepared salad. Good cafe.

Friendly staff but they were under pressure. Not sure why. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and go back.

Visited November 2013

“A pleasant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Today my friend and I visited the cafe for the first time, were welcomed and sat down with menus. The waitress serving us told us all the specials that were on today including one that wasn't wrote on the board which I found extremely helpful wen choosing my meal. We asked the same waitress questions about the portion size which she seemed happy to help. Finally we decided on what food after much debate, to which it arrived quickly. We both enjoyed it tremendously and where offered more drinks or desert when we finished. We were recommended Apley by friends and we certainly will pass the message on!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
West Midlands
“Shocking service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited today for breakfast as a personal reward for a hard week. Seated ourselves as we were asked to and the "we'll be with you in a minute" turned into 10 minutes with no sign of service despite the 2 staff passing our table repeatedly. I asked for the order to be taken, which it then was fairly quickly. Coffee arrived well in advance of breakfast, and I had finished mine before the food arrived.
My wife's bacon sandwich was cold and the bacon very hard. My cooked breakfast looked fine, except for the glaring omission of both bacon and sausage..... We returned both items, and mine came back quite quickly with bacon and sausage both added. My wife's bacon sandwich took somewhat longer to correct and I had finished my breakfast almost before hers was re-presented. As the waitress took our plates away to be corrected, she offered us more coffee. That never arrived at all.
The 10% off discount was a gesture which we took as we paid the bill, but I couldn't be bothered to take up the offer of talking to the manager.
What a shame. This ought to be such a lovely facility, but is seriously let down by the very poor level of service. We won't be going back.

Visited November 2013
Gavin H, Owner at Apley Farm Shop - Creamery Cafe, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I am sorry that you had a poor experience at breakfast last week. The problems you refer to have been discussed with the waiting & kitchen staff. We are proud of our breakfast which is high quality and very good value, so we will ensure that we live up to these standards.
Telford, United Kingdom
“Very poor service & food pretty bland”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

What a terrible experience today, have been before but will not bother to go again, shame as there are great shops there, such as Lotties. Table booked for 1pm at 1-20pm still no menus, at 1-30pm went down to the counter to Order as no one had been to us. The waitress said she would come to the table, she did at 1-45pm. Still no food or drinks by 2-15 (an hour & a quarter after arriving) we complained & the waitress said they had lost the order she would reorder & get the food to us urgently. The drinks arrived at 2-30pm & the food at 2-40pm, none of this was acceptable. My friends granary roll with sausage & onion was quite tasty my Cajun chicken was dry with little sauce & the salad was a joke & most of the roll went back, even though I was starving. They decided that we need not pay the bill, the whole experience was very disappointing & really spoilt a much needed day out. Purchased a lamb & mint pie for hubbies tea from the farm shop, very disappointing hardly any lamb but lots of potatoe & carrots. You need to get your act together Apley, there is lots of competition out there, perhaps you should visit Fordhall Farm near Market Drayton whose food in the restaurant is always excellent & very innovative, you are certainly loosing your good reputation.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
We are very sorry that you had such poor service during the October half term. Our service levels at this time we well below our own as well as your expectations. We have taken measures to address this. In general we have positive comments about the Creamery food which is locally sourced & freshly prepared, in your case they fell below our usual high standards & I apologise for this. Your comments have been discussed with the chef & will be dealt with. The pies in the shop are produced in Broseley & yours is the first complaint we have had. We will monitor the quality & feedback to the supplier.
“Awful service today.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

3 adult's and 3 children visited Apley farm this morning.
We wanted to have a coffee and a bite to eat.
We waited 10 mins to be shown to a table. Approx 15 minutes to be given menu's. The waitress didn't want to take our order really. We went back to the counter to ask for
A childs menu and got a tatty piece of paper. Once ordered the waitress came back and said an item wouldn't be ready for 30 mins so chose an alternative.
Another table with children were given a pot of pens and colouring paper. ... ours weren't. I was so annoyed I couldn't be bothered to ask why wasn't our children given it.
Menu so expensive. Will not be going there again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
We are sorry that you had poor service on your visit to Apley. During the very busy half term week standards were well below our own as well as your expectations. We have taken measures to address this. We don't believe that our menu is overpriced, given that all our food is locally sourced and freshly made. (this is also the reason why you were informed that there would be a wait on one of the menu items).